Thread: Skin irritations-cleaning products to blame?

Skin irritations-cleaning products to blame?

For some time I have been having periodic skin irritations, which luckily seem to clear up on their own. At first I started to worrying over the rashes that would appear around my trunk and legs. Then I did visit my GP who said it could be a harmless fungal infection. She gave me the name of a shampoo, which I should use on it when I shower and after a few weeks it cleared up. However, I also keep getting these weird little outbreaks here and there. Sometimes it's between my fingers, sometimes on my elbow crack, the back of my legs. Currently I have these raised, bumpy feeling little red spots right on wrist and they are looking quite and sore. They are not itchy, but unsightly and I just don't like them being there. I am trying to remain rational and think about what could have caused them and it occurred to me, it could be my exposure to cleaning products. I am a bit of a hygiene freak and tend to clean my flat a lot with all sorts of cleaning products and wipes and I don't tend to use gloves. Consequently I also wash my hands a lot. Has anyone else ever had these raised, lumpy little spots and could you connect it with cleaning products or anything you may have come into contact with? Thanks a lot all.

Re: Skin irritations-cleaning products to blame?

I sometimes get odd small spots on the back of my hands and wrists. They look like white spots surrounded by red, but they itch like hell (sometimes really sting) and can come and go within a few hours. The only thing like it I have had before is when I did a lot of work in the loft and stupidly didn't wear gloves, I had such sore rashes on my arms for weeks. It's just like it and I wonder if the loft work left a bit of insulation dust in random places around the house and I am coming into contact with it. I've not really had any reaction to other things I can think of as a trigger like cleaning products and so on.

Thread Information