Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Stop thinking about yourself" "Youre spoiling it for everybody else" etc etc

"Stop thinking about yourself" "Youre spoiling it for everybody else" etc etc

I need to vent here for a moment.I would like to say i have had enough of those who criticise people who deal with anxiety and depression on a day to day basis

Making us feel guilty for what we go through,It really angers me.Even more so when they are family members :(

Unless you have gone through what we have,then keep it shut....

I would like to give a big :bighug1 to all my fellow sufferers out there.In case you needed one .Much love to each and every one of you.God Bless

Re: "Stop thinking about yourself" "Youre spoiling it for everybody else" etc etc

hugs right back, lovely!

Re: "Stop thinking about yourself" "Youre spoiling it for everybody else" etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by sarahlou1983 View Post
    I need to vent here for a moment.I would like to say i have had enough of those who criticise people who deal with anxiety and depression on a day to day basis

Making us feel guilty for what we go through,It really angers me.Even more so when they are family members :(

Unless you have gone through what we have,then keep it shut....

I would like to give a big :bighug1 to all my fellow sufferers out there.In case you needed one .Much love to each and every one of you.God Bless
    Hi Sarah - COULD not have said it better myself! A real gripe of mine mocking/patronising or just being damn right awkward towards a panic/anxiety sufferer! ESPECIALLY when it's supposed friends or family! Give them the. I won't tolerate this sort of behaviour from family anymore, I've already suffered panic attacks now for 2 years and I still get the AND now will very gladly ignore them, no calls, no meetings etc until they keep their opinions to themselves

I hear the words" pull yourself togther and snap out of it" a lot.
    Ggggrrrrrrr
    Xx

I hate when they say 'you're so over dramatic'. It's like, do you even know me.

The bane of my life!

My dad once said to me that he will never understand me, not even try. It's hurtful when it comes from the man who brought me into this world and vowed to protect me when I was a baby. Because I didn't have a traumatic home he can't understand why I have anxiety. My friends have little to no understanding in anxiety or depression apart from when they use the term off the cuff, like 'I feel so depressed' when they are nowhere near depressed.

I have heard every cliché comment in the book, 'Pull yourself together', 'It's in your head', 'It's in the past' and the list goes on. I still go red in the face when I hear those comments but I just keep the frustration to myself... and release it with an hour long rant with my fiancé (bless him).

ERB 14/01/2016 Forever missed, forever in our hearts, my baby angel girl

the medical proffession is another.The tone they use towards you like your wasting their time.I want them to swap places for one day,and make them go through the hell we do.Same goes for "family" and "friends".You wake up scared every morning,feel sick inside all day depressed anxious and alone..Thank You to you all for sharing your thoughts on this

sarahlou I totally agree with you

Sending hugs back to you too

Quote Originally Posted by sarahlou1983 View Post
    the medical proffession is another.The tone they use towards you like your wasting their time.
    My Dr is pretty good about my anx and panic and has never spoken to me like I am wasting his time, maybe not fair to tar them all with the same brush really.

I guess it is like anything in life really there is always going to be someone who doesn't quite understand things and yes it is annoying when people speeak to you in a condesending manner

Beleive me not all drs are like that and if yours is maybe look into finding another dr that understands you more?

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Some people just don't function on an emotional level, it's not their fault, it is just the way they are. My mum is like that and it is not a criticism, she is superficial without knowing it. Most people who have anxiety are deep thinkers.......... It is difficult for us to relate to people who are not.
    I know where you are coming from and sending you a big hug.

BobbyDog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information