Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stinging thigh pain, back and skin issues

Stinging thigh pain, back and skin issues

Hello

I'm really struggling at the moment. I am a married Mum of a 3 year old and feel like a terrible parent. I am so consumed by my health that I am not giving her the attention she deserves

My recent bout started back in January when I had sudden pain in back. I thought it might be kidney cancer and worked myself up. Then the pain went into my right buttock and top of thigh. Very deep ache when sitting. Well, eventually it eased and a couple of weeks ago I thought it was getting better. Then on Thursday I started to get this awful stinging pain down the right side of my thigh and around the front. It only hurts when I walk, but it is such a weird pain. My doc said its sciatica, but everything I read about that says the pain is shooting and down the back of the leg. The pain is actually making my skin feel sore to the touch. I keep getting weird sensations on different parts of my body and am convinced now that the pain in my thigh is from a tumor pressing on a nerve

Does anyone have any similar issues. I can't believe it's sciatica, the pain is horrible. My skin on my leg feels tight and sore and the pain is stinging when I walk. I feel all over the place. Keep thinking terrible things and can't stop crying. My doc isn't at all concerned but I haven't had a pain like this before and nothing I have read (apart from nerve problems relating to tumors) explains it.

Plese can anyone help.

Sarah

Re: Stinging thigh pain, back and skin issues

Ahh hunny I'm a mum of 2 and also letting this bloody ha take over.

I started with the same pain as you about 8 mths ago, hip and back, that went then I started getting shooting pains aches all over my body. I went to the docs who thought viral arthritis, said would go but could take 3 mths, he was right but I also had burning skin and a few other things for those three mths.

This was last summer. Two weeks ago I had flu and sick bug and for last few days I've had horrible pains and the sore hip (also shooting pain In leg )

I've made a couple of threads about it. Maybe it's the viral arthritis, maybe a vitamin deficiency I don't know. I've stocked up on jointace vitamins to see if this helps.

Hugs to you hum I know how worrying these pains are, I really do x

Hi Sparkle
    Thanks for your reply. I just want to believe that this pain is nthing serious.

Why don't u make another doc app? X

Hello there flattery I just see your post and wondered how you are now and did you find out what your problem was as I have the same symptoms had them for 18 months now and would like to know your out come . X

Back pain can be and is some of the worst we can experience. I have a bulging disk (among other issues) in the L4-L5 area and it causes sciatica as well as other back pain at times. It's no picnic for sure!

What you describe is sciatica with the pain in the buttock and down your leg. And yes, it's typically caused by the compression of a nerve. The reason however, is rarely if ever at all sinister and related to disc and muscle issues (do you recall tweaking your back picking something up - like your child? )

The way to prevent future spells is with exercise to strengthen the muscles surrounding the offending area. Speak to your doctor about stretching and other exercises that can help.

Good Luck!
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Fishmanpa I was told 18 months ago it was sciatica and disc problem it has since gone chronic it has got better then got worse and that's how it's been all this time and have not been out of pain hardly at all I have seen physios consultant and doctors but I am yet to have an mri because I'm too scared but I'm going back to see my consultant in 2 weeks time because at the moment my thigh hip and left buttock is in so much pain and really painful too touch it feels like all my skin is bruised as well got too find out what it is will have too have an mri I know but so worried what they will find been in pain for so long now , any advice ?.

Quote Originally Posted by jackieann3 View Post
    Fishmanpa I was told 18 months ago it was sciatica and disc problem it has since gone chronic it has got better then got worse and that's how it's been all this time and have not been out of pain hardly at all I have seen physios consultant and doctors but I am yet to have an mri because I'm too scared but I'm going back to see my consultant in 2 weeks time because at the moment my thigh hip and left buttock is in so much pain and really painful too touch it feels like all my skin is bruised as well got too find out what it is will have too have an mri I know but so worried what they will find been in pain for so long now , any advice ?.
    Jackieann,

My problem is that the back issue is degenerative. It's not going to get better. I'd say that 90% of the time I'm pretty much pain free but every once in a while I'll tweak my back and most often it's by doing something totally innocent like reaching in the fridge or turning funny... you know?

Anyway... the best advice I can give you and it's what my doctors told me. "EXERCISE". Now granted, due to my battle with cancer, I've been out of the gym for close to a year but I plan on going back and building myself up again. What I was told and what has worked for me is strengthening the muscles around the injury to help support the area. It's the key to not only getting better but keeping it from getting worse. It's a kind of a catch 22 in that it hurts to work the area but you have to work through it and eventually it will get better. As always, check with your doctor before beginning any exercise program. I'm sure he can advise you of several stretches and exercises you can do at home if the gym is not an option. Truly, that's the best advice I can give you and I know for a fact it works.

Good Luck!
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank you very much for your reply fishman I was told a long time ago about exercise I did them for a while but stopped because it hurt to do them and after left me in pain I just hope that is not the reason my back has got worse and I get some relief soon , thanks again all the best .

Hello
    Sorry to hear you are also struggling with pains in your hip and legs. Since my post the pain eased off, but it then went to the left side. More recently it has got worse. I have pain in my left hip and down into my outer thigh. I still also have pains in my right thigh, which makes me think it's defo not sciatica as that's one sided. Anyway, I went to my doc a few times about it, but they aren't worried. I still worry that it's something bad and in fact have found myself getting more anxious about it again this week. I find that if I tilt my body to the sides it really hurts. I think for me, it's more the fear of what it is as opposed to the pain.
    Sarah x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information