Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sertraline - Thinking Of Giving up.

Re: Sertraline - Thinking Of Giving up.

Thank you all,

I will see what my doctor suggests today but I'm sure he hinted last time I went for a review, his plan was to increase.

Red

Hi,

I went to see my doctor and basically his plan action is to increase from 100mg to 150mg, which should start and help the anxiety.

Red

thanks for this reddevil
    i was prescribed sertraline for anxiety but wont take it because of the side effects ive read about but i am getting fed up with the suffering my prescription is for 50 mg and i still dont know if i want to start my husband and parents dont want me to take anything

it does seem like your doc is just increasing and increasing has he told you when he is going to stop and what the alternative is when i told my doc i wouldnt take them she claimed they were the best out of the two she would have given me the other was mit something i think but she said that was harsher and makes you a bit zombiefyed lol

i am waiting for mind to get back to me about cbt and wanted to try that first before any meds but i am feeling frustrated with all the symptoms now constantly changeing every couple of days

i hope you get some results soon

frosty x

Hi Frosty,

Everybody is different regarding side effects. I have been on Sertraline for 7 weeks, 6 weeks at 50mg and 1 week at 100mg, and apart from dry lips I haven't had any real side effects. I had a slight headache the first day and one day I had a dry mouth but thats it. I have been on 3 other anxiety medicines and I tolerate these so much better. Infact the side effects of the others put me off trying anything else for years but I was at such a low point that I had to do something. I have been very lucky so far with Sertraline side effects but even if I did suffer I would carry on with them to give my self a chance of a better life.

Its impossible to tell what your side effects may be if at all, but from what I have read, the majority go after month or so.

Hi,

I have also not had side effects on this medication (apart from a headache, when I first started), which only lasted for 24 hours.

Red

Day 9 of my higher dose of 100mg. Feeling better than I have for years. Yesterday I felt very down. Guess it will be up and down for a while

Had my worst day on sertraline so far - weak, shaky, tense and restless for most of the day. I'm just over the 3 week mark on 25mg. I know its a low dose but I've generally felt a bit better on lower doses of other meds, and am reluctant to go up to the full 50mg until I stabilise on 25mg. There are a number of side effects that still remain such as visual disturbances (these have much improved though), clenching my teeth, general fatigue and excess sleep, and restless legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Emphyrio View Post
    Had my worst day on sertraline so far - weak, shaky, tense and restless for most of the day. I'm just over the 3 week mark on 25mg. I know its a low dose but I've generally felt a bit better on lower doses of other meds, and am reluctant to go up to the full 50mg until I stabilise on 25mg. There are a number of side effects that still remain such as visual disturbances (these have much improved though), clenching my teeth, general fatigue and excess sleep, and restless legs.
    It really does suck to start with. This med hasn't been bad for me regarding side effects but others have. I do have the teeth clenching though. Just try and stick with it. It will get better

Thanks Maro - I've not got to the stage where I'm wanting off it, and know that I should give it 6 weeks. Hopefully things will settle down in a week or two.

Good to hear that you've been feeling good apart from your recent blip

Thanks! . This is the 4th med I have been on and already I can tell it will the best. I like the fact that it is stimulating instead of sedating like a lot of the others.

Im sure yours will settle down very soon and the side effects will be replaced by the therapeutic effects.

Sometimes we just need to motivate each other through the bad start up times

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information