Thread: Heart had pumping, racing, exercise anxiety. HELP X

Exclamation Heart had pumping, racing, exercise anxiety. HELP X

Need answers If posdible. I have really bad heart anxiety. One day 2 years ago i was playing 5a side football and i started to feel dizzy so had to lay on the grass. My heart was racing like I've never had it before and was pumping so hard. Btw i wasn't anxious or even knew what anxiety was back then. So i did the right thing. Went to doctor and he straight away referred me to a cardiologist. I had, ecg, blood work, echocsrdiogram, stress test and 24 hour holter. Everything fine :/ and no explanation as to why this happened. Ever since that happend I haven't played football or any sport. Apart from odd kick about but find myself constantly checking pulse. Still very worried i have huge problem and it's been missef. I miss football so much and it's ruining my life. I just want answers . I know for a fact that i wasn't anxious that night and was never worried about my heart before that happend. Also i don't smoke or drink coffee or red bull. ....Help pleaseeeeeeee x

Re: Heart had pumping, racing, exercise anxiety. HELP X

Hi Rossi, I know exactly what you are through. Ive had anxiety about my heart for 10 months now. Out of character I smoked a legal high and had an immediate panic attack which I believed to be a heart attack. It was that full on. I've had all the tests and the cardiologist says my heart is perfect and to stop worrying.

I was an avid gym goer, going 6 times a week before all this. Up until last week you could count the number of times I've been gym in the past 10 months on one hand. I was so afraid of doing anything, even walking the dogs on my own, that would make my heart speed up. I don't know what changed but last week I said to myself enough was enough. I love going to the gym and was missing out because of anxiety. So I've been back 5 times in the past week. I'm really enjoying it and whilst at the gym itself I'm fine. It's afterwards where I feel a bit shaky of have a rush of panic. Sometimes an hour or so later. But I'm not letting it beat me this time. I'm going to keep going.

I used to play basketball as well so have been going to my local park and messing around for a bit of cardio. Today I had a few chest twinges about 30mins in. Probably just a stitch but of course this wasn't the first thing that popped into my mind. I grabbed my stuff and decided to go. As I was walking out of the park again I thought to myself, no! I went back an ran end to end 20 times doing layups. I was shattered but was fine and had no chest pains. I then took the dogs for a hour long walk on my own before washing mine and my wife's cars.

This is a long way of saying you've been given the all clear, ease yourself back in gently and it does get easier and start to ramp it up when you feel ready.

Thread Information