Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: feel sick- eeek

feel sick- eeek

Heya everyone,

Just got in from walking the dogs and I feel sick- i cant stop myslef from panicking, its so bad, my throat feels tight and im shaking.

Has anyone got anuy quick remedies for when this happens again, my phobia all centres around being sick for referene

H

HB

it could be that ur scared to go out side so that may make u feel sick

u dont have ne allegies and wat was the weather like wen u went out

Scooter Girl

if i wa hungry would u feed me, if i fell u you help me up, if i was crying would brush away my tears

Hiya H

Maybe it was the combination of exercise and it being lunchtime...your body was hungry? (oh and exam stress coming out maybe???)

A few people on here swear by drinking tonic water to make the nausea go away.
    If I feel panicky and am in need of a quick pick me up I eat a banana, drink some water and have a squirt of rescue remedy.

How are you feeling now?

love sarah
    xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution

I am feeling fine, i just hate having to wait until i feel better- i think that is the worst anticipation.

the weather was hot so i was probably quite hot and bothered anyway but i was just feeling very irrational.

Thanks for your advice both of you xxx

H

Hiya

Glad you are feeling better

Its horrible isnt it?, you just want instant relief dont you?

love sarah
    xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution

Sarah,

Its amazing to see how alike we all are underneath it all. I too swear by tonic water to help ease nausia. And a banana eaten slowly is great if you feel a bit off. Also I carry Ribena cartons around with me I find sipping ribena helps the throat thing a little. And of course my new discovery Rescue Remedy - told by psycotherapist about it the other day and he said if it works for you then carry on.

HB,

The slight nausia feeling is obviously whats made you panic. But like my psychotherapist said what is the worst that can happen? He's told me next time I feel sick don't rush around like a headless chicken and panic as that makes it worse - easier said than done. I felt sick last night, like I had butterflies in my stomach or was nervous about something - I wasn't but I may have had a funny dream or something. But I stayed calm and went back to sleep - it was hard and I still feel a bit odd now, but I'm quite tired today as well.

Next time it happens, stay clam and concentrate on breathing slowly and try to relax, easier said than done I know. Also write down your fears and discuss them like you have this time, be open and honest, and hopefully we can reassure you.

I think you cope very well with your phobia actually. You have the right mental attitude to want to overcome it, therefore you will. Stay positive and although you will always worry you will find ways to cope.

Ruth
    x

I really could do with someone like you Ruth when i feel like panicking; i try not to make it a big deal, it is so hard though, im gonna keep trying!!

H

H,

Totally the right attitude. I get my down days too. Yesterday I went into Basingstoke quickly at lunchtime and felt a little odd and panicy, but I remembered what my therapist said to me and did my best. Rescue remedy to hand, ribena carton and extra strong mints. I even did the drive back on the bit of the A30 I didn't like.

I feel a little sick now, but I know that its just wind as I've just had a packet of Special K crisps and a glass of water. But the feeling is horrible all the same. I want to just run and go home until it passes, but I can't do that as I have to be at work and have the school run to do soon. So I'll try to stay relaxed and keep my mind off it best I can.

Good luck
    Ruth

Ruth,

Hope you are feeling better. Are you emetophobic?

i didnt now tonic water hepled, wats init to help u wid P.A.

Scooter Girl

if i wa hungry would u feed me, if i fell u you help me up, if i was crying would brush away my tears

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information