Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: feel sick- eeek

does the rescue remedy actually work? i have a really realy late dirve to make tomoorrw night at 3am with all my friends and i am so worried about it, i feel like i need to take something with me as a safety precaution! plesae write back asap ruth, you have helped me so much :-)

H

im not sure what is in it, it helps to settle your tummy though which helps when you are panicking about being sick :-) try it!

H

Jade,

When you feel sick with a churny tummy and are nauseated the tonic water is extra carbonated and helps with having a good burp and getting up the extra gas that your anxious tummy is producing .

It doesn't have any special powers.

To see whats in rescue remedy www.bachcentre.com

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

HB,

I don't know how the Rescue Remedy works, but its worth a try. Remember to take a drink, some mints, your Rescue Remedy and if it makes you feel better a couple of carrier bags in your handbag in case you feel queezy. If you think you'll feel sick then you will. So try and be positive and look at all angles. Drive in a cold car as opposed to hot, sit by a door if you can (I always do this and I tell people why as well). Relax your tummy and breathe from your stomach not your chest. Me personally would take my own car and go by myself with friends in another I would use an excuse that I may have to dash off at a different time to them etc. If you can't do that then take all the above with you and all I can say is to try and relax - it will be hard though. Remember you are not alone in worrying about these things. The more people I tell the better I actually feel.

Personally I think at the end of the day when you've done the drive and come out the other side you'll feel real personal achievement and your confidence will lift.

One last little thing. I take Stugeron which is a travel sickness tablet, they're also good at easing nausia with Migrane. I would only take one not the recommended two. And don't forget the banana and a packet of ready salted crisps.

Let me know how it goes I'll be thinking of you.

Ruth
    x

well i am preapring myself now, going to nip to the chemist in a minute and ask them about getting a rescue remedy, i actually feel quite positive about this, as long as no one is silly and ends up throwing up in my car then il be ok, if they are then they are walking home!!! hehe! my water and juice is already in my car and i will have the air con on all the way there and back regardless of whether it is hot or cold!!

keep giving me positive thoughts!

H

Good luck matey. I know exactly where you're coming from. Actually I always carry a bowl in the boot of my car - but then I have the kids, but it's a comfort to just know its there. I know its a worry that someone else might be ill, but hopefully your friends will behave. I worry too about that sort of thing, and as my therapist says - its perfectly natural, you can walk away should you so wish and go back and check everythings OK if you want.

When I mentioned the Stugeron, they are quite good, they also relax you. I even got them prescribed when I had bad morning (all day) sickness when I was pregnant. But you can buy them over the counter.

Have a lovely evening otherwise. I'm off for an early night as I think my baby isn't too well and I need an early night in case he's up in the night poor thing. I hope its just teething and nothing else.

Have a lovely weekend and enjoy the sunshine.

Ruth
    x

HB,

Your afraid of getting car sick too! I dont like going in the car for more then like 30-45 minutes because i get so afraid i will get car sick (even though i never have before) but it can come out of the blue....im suppposed to be making like a hour drive on thursday and boy am i worrying....lemme know how your trip goes and what you did to keep your mind off it so you didnt feel it. Good luck

Caitlyn

wid me i h8 goin into big cars (land rovers, jeeps) and goin ova bumpy country side roads for 20 mins

it sort of started wen seein my aunt, aunt's boyfriend and 2 cousins

Scooter Girl

if i wa hungry would u feed me, if i fell u you help me up, if i was crying would brush away my tears

What do you do to not feel sick?

right to not feel sick, i constantly drink water but please dont getinto a habit oft taking it everywhere because it ihas turned into an obsession with me!!!

H

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information