Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: feel sick- eeek

hey Ruth,

My evening was so enjoyable, we all sang songs all night and i actually managed to eat somewhere other than home and food other than what my mum had cooked so i was so proud of myself.

The i came out of stoackport (where i had driven to, about an hour away) and all the roads were blocked off so guess who had to drive all the way back on the motorway!! i only passed my driving test about a month ago so this was very traumatic for me to say the least!!

In the end we had a quick pit stop for me to get my senses back an calm myself down so i felt eay to breathe and the rest of the journey was fine and everyone said they thought i did really well.

You must be such a good mummy, you are so kind xx

H

HB

Well done. I was thinking about you this weekend and wondered how you got on, but I didn't get the chance to go online as I was being kept busy by my five year old building dinosaurs

You sound like you had a really good time. You didn't really mention anything about your emetophobia - which is extremely positive. In fact I pick up on the driving thing. I get panic attacks on motorways - actually even just looking at them. I'm a good confident driver but on a motorway or major A road I feel trapped - and I think that started with the emetophobia years ago, but you did it and your friends supported you - how cool is that.[8D]

You ate out as well which is a major achievement for you I know. Put this weekend down on a piece of paper and how you overcame all the negative things - make your wording positive.

I'm sending you a big hug because I know how you must have felt before you went, and I bet when you got home you had a little smile to yourself. I'm really pleased for you.

And remember you will probably be nervous again, but don't be afraid to post to ask for advice and support.

I made a few achievements myself. I took my son swimming - did McDonalds after (even had one myself - and enjoyed it - I must be mad!!), then in the afternoon we went to the school summer fair, so thats walking around feeling trapped etc. but I did it and we even stayed to watch the Chinook helicopter take off (We are near the RAF base so they had a display at the school). Those RAF guys are quite nice - ahem I'm attached so back to reality.

So all in all we both look like we had a good weekend.

Speak soon,

Ruth
    x

yay!! sounds like our positive thoughts helped each other :-)

H

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information