Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ATOS Assessment

Re: ATOS Assessment

Quote Originally Posted by Dazza123 View Post
    Don't feel guilty, you were lucky, that's great!

With contributions based, if you can get into the support group, your payments wont stop, they go on as before, so if you get put into wrag and feel you have support group descriptors appeal it, you have nothing to lose, and continued payments to gain!!!

I will be fine, I should get into the support group, I have lots of evidence and legal backup, but even if I don't I will tell them to shove it and live frugally until I am able to get better and get back into work. My family can financially support me to an extent until I'm back on track. Thank god for families
    I do hope you get into the support group but i am glad you have your family to help you if not. I know what you mean about telling them to shove it - sometimes we all just need some space to get better without the stress from the DWP!

yep just dug through all the internet jargon thought it was positive yesterday then doubted and thought it was negative today writing the post still doubted it ! ha ha got to love Aniexty and the mind !
    seems the support group is only applied if you have terminal illness. The work related group is monthly meetings for people that will one day work !
    just means they haven't written me off at 36 phew and they think I will one day be work fit in some form.
    Monthly meetings not so good but I will take that back pay and throw me in some retraining in a new non stressful career Because I do not want to run a multimillion £ business again or work in industry destroyed by recession and I can work on my Aniexty with some cbt and a sprinkling of meds get my diabetes under control loose some weight in the local sport centre but with that £700 windfall I may have a holiday because I have looked like this for far too long hope you get the same result may even get some support to set up my own business in time I am not sure a burnt out trouble shooting retail manager with eczema asthma ibs diabetes general Aniexty disorder an emotional personality disorder that sees doctors twice a week and a phyciatrist 4 weekly...is going to interview very well x x

Quote Originally Posted by han76 View Post
    yep just dug through all the internet jargon thought it was positive yesterday then doubted and thought it was negative today writing the post still doubted it ! ha ha got to love Aniexty and the mind !
    seems the support group is only applied if you have terminal illness. The work related group is monthly meetings for people that will one day work !
    just means they haven't written me off at 36 phew and they think I will one day be work fit in some form.
    Monthly meetings not so good but I will take that back pay and throw me in some retraining in a new non stressful career Because I do not want to run a multimillion £ business again or work in industry destroyed by recession and I can work on my Aniexty with some cbt and a sprinkling of meds get my diabetes under control loose some weight in the local sport centre but with that £700 windfall I may have a holiday because I have looked like this for far too long hope you get the same result may even get some support to set up my own business in time I am not sure a burnt out trouble shooting retail manager with eczema asthma ibs diabetes general Aniexty disorder an emotional personality disorder that sees doctors twice a week and a phyciatrist 4 weekly...is going to interview very well x x
    Lol good old anxiety eh?! Makes you question literally everything, even the colour of the sky....

A holiday will be great han, I'm off to Devon Monday for a week and I can't wait, I won't do a lot because I struggle with everything, but just the change of scenery will make a difference.

Han I had my first work group meeting last week and she said because of her case load she won't get back round to seeing me for another 6 months!
    Dazza The person who interviewed me was about my age (55) maybe that is why she was more understanding of me.

Just wanted to update you all and let you know i received a letter this morning saying i've been put in a work group Relief at last...

Quote Originally Posted by Raindrops View Post
    Congrats I was put in the work related group too and they might assess you down the line as needing the support group like they did for me. Glad all turned out well!
    Thanks

Well done Melina, I had some good news today also, on reconsideration they have moved me from the work related activity group to support group, with a 12 month prognosis so I have some breathing space to get myself better with no stress from them. Just remember everyone, if you have an atos assessment, and you feel you are put into the wrong group do appeal. They review at first to see if they can reconsider, and I got lucky with this, and you can too.

Melina Jane and Dazza I am pleased to hear this

atos is as it it says, doesnt give a-toss. i broke my back,am pretty much wheelchair bound,very depressed due to constant agony. atos deemed me fully fit for work.am on high rate mobility and middle rate care dla,but yet still deemed fit for work. complete joke of a system,they lied and lied on the report.i now have to go down the tribunal route,luckily i have my doctors and hospital staff all backing me up not to do any form of work.ive got metal plates,bolts and rods all the way up my spine and they still deemed me fit for work. anyone who has a medical, i advise you strongly to get the whole assessment recorded,otherwise you can be another statistic like me waiting for tribunal.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information