Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ATOS Assessment

Re: ATOS Assessment

Me too Annie, me too

hi dazza, im sorry about your situation mate, i don't know if this is useful to you,i was 9 stone 2 months ago,and at 6 foot 3 id think you'd agree is well underweight.the doctor put me on mirtazapine for depression and because i cant sleep due to my constant back ache. well one thing that cheered me up is im now 10 stone 10. and still gaining. i started drinking weight gain drinks as i struggled to eat just like you. mirtazapines side affect is weight gain,so might be useful for you to look down that route if your underweight like i am(was)

Thanks mate, I tried that horrific drug some time ago, not an experience id like to go through again but glad it works for you. 9 stone is low, you must have looked like a stick insect at your height, but great that you are getting healthier with your weight. My Psychiatrist thinks its therapy that will help mostly and that starts properly next week so I have my fingers crossed that it will help. Filling myself with complan at the minute so doing my best. Having to buy it which is a pain cos in Wales we have free prescriptions, and Im also diabetic so get them free anyway, so will pester her for a huge box of it next week when I see her and try to save a bit of cash. I think 3 a day with some breakfast which I can sometimes manage will help keep the weight stable, then I will attempt to put some back on when Im getting better

yeah i did look like a stick insect lol, the atos assessor said on her report i was well built lol.

Of course she did, you could have gone in there with no arms and she would have said you came in juggling melons!

Quote Originally Posted by Dazza123 View Post
    Of course she did, you could have gone in there with no arms and she would have said you came in juggling melons!

Quote Originally Posted by Dazza123 View Post
    Well done Melina, I had some good news today also, on reconsideration they have moved me from the work related activity group to support group, with a 12 month prognosis so I have some breathing space to get myself better with no stress from them. Just remember everyone, if you have an atos assessment, and you feel you are put into the wrong group do appeal. They review at first to see if they can reconsider, and I got lucky with this, and you can too.
    Yay!! I was so pleased to read this Dazza

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information