Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone taken Menopace (or similar)

Re: Has anyone taken Menopace (or similar)

so i finally had my doctors appt. i havent started on hrt because the last 2-3 weeks i have felt much better. i dont know why, maybe its the menopace type stuff i am taking. i really do not know.
    my doctor has left it that if i change my mind, i could take progesterone or go on a low dose of the birth control pill. trouble is of course that hrt isnt a guarantee of things getting better.
    he does homoepathic medicines and has given me some things to take that might help. 3 in the next 24 hours, then 3 more in 24 hours if i feel bad again. then a couple a week til i feel better. i dont actually know what they are but i just hope they work!!!!
    i am due pmt now and can feel the hormones building i think. its so hard to tell isnt it.... but i am determined to beat this. life's too short to spend weeks, months, years contending with this!!!!!
    i am going to stick with the menopace equivalent as it does have things in that are proven to help you anyway so i haven nothing to lose in that respect.

Hi Tessar, am glad you're feeling a bit more even. Its good that you left the door open to change your mind on the HRT. its not for everyone, and even those who swear by it don't always get it right straight off. You have to do whats right for you. That Website, MenopauseMatters.co.uk is really good for all the info... I find.
    Good luck with the Menopace I hope it works for you.
    Am going thru a sticky patch at present, but start again tomorrow.....

Well, my hormones seem to be behaving, although I'm a few days early I seem to have started today.
    Recently my periods have had a habit of starting & stopping.... but fingers crossed.....
    I do wonder if this menopace equivalent is working..... It would be really great to feel like I was back to normal for 3 weeks of the month. At least this time I have been able to work through a couple of bad days.
    How are you doing ladybug? Were you able to "start again tomorrow" like you hoped to??
    I need to check out MenopauseMatters.co.uk

I don't want to count my chickens .... But I think these might just be working..... Shall see what happens "next month"..... But I feel sure I am more balanced generally. As I say, time will tell.

I hope they are working

Not sure if I'm too late for this thread but I used Menopace religiously for about 4 years then as I wasn't having any symptoms at all and only very infrequent very light periods I stopped taking them. However, I started off this year with husband very ill, Dad treated for prostate cancer and needing back operation and deaths of a couple of distant relatives and lo and behold I got every womans meno symptom plus a few I didn't know about! My worst meno symptom is anxiety and that mushroomed out of all reason, so I have started using NHP Meno Support (expensive) but very good. They are pretty much the same as Menopace but £20 more expensive so when I've used those up I shall be going back to good old Menopace!
    I also have two teaspoons of Omega 3 liquid, 1 x 650mg of Inositol, 1 Echinacea, and spray my sore and achey bits (generally my elbows and shoulder) with magnesium spray.
    I am a member of Menopause Matters and loads of the ladies on there are just wonderful, but there are a few who quite frankly can put the fear of God in you, so if you are anxious or worried then I would just take care

hey menopausalminnie, it's never too late.... i'm glad to hear from anyone who has experiences to share. it helps me feel better to know that i'm not imagining any of it and that things can actually help too.
    It's interesting about your experience of Menopace. perhaps I need to keep taking it & in time it'll make a difference. I dont think I have been as hot. My PMT is still rife at times but then it always has been. Its so bad today I just wanted to cry earlier for no reason at all!
    You had an awful start to the year didnt you. I'm sure that stress contributes to all physical symptoms (& psychological) to do with hormones. It took me quite a while to realise much of my brain fog & odd thoughts/compulsions were meno related. Now I realise that, on days (like today) where I feel terribly restless & my mind is all over the place, I remind myself it will pass.
    I can fully appreciate why your anxiety would mushroom out of all reason. That's just so menopause!!!!! Does NHP Meno Support have the same stuff in as Menopace or has it got extra firepower?
    I dont take Omega 3 liquid as it's fish based isnit it (i'm veggie). I have heard people talk about Inositol but i'm not sure what it does. Do you just take Echinacea when it's at it's worst? Also I didnt know there was a magnesium spray either.
    Do you think it's worth me checking in on Menopause Matters, even if there are scary ladies on there? I'm sure the nice ones you talk of would balance it out!!! Maybe the hormones are what cuase some of them to be scary!!

Hi, have come late to this thread, sorry - I had a Mirena coil for 5 years when I began getting bad symptoms, and apart from a month at the beginning, I had no problems at all with it. It delivers Progesterone straight to the womb lining, actually protects against some cancers and it doesn't circulate in your bloodstream.

There are THOUSANDS of posts online though about how it made people's mental health issues worse - all I can say is, I was fine on it and I just present it as an alternative...

Speranza; those thousands of posts you talk about, where people's MH issues were made worse by the Mirena coil.... Its no wonder the question of "HRT or not HRT" is so difficult to answer

Last time I saw my doctor I'd just been through a phase of a couple of months where I felt like my mind was so all over the place that I was going crazy almost (even tho I knew it was my hormones). I had to wait 3 weeks for an appointment and opinion that time, my symptoms got much better. I said to him that if I'd seen him straight away, I'd have snatched the prescription for HRT right out of his hand. But then because things had settled, I was thinking the Menopace stuff was beginning to work. I am still feeling more stable, better able to concentrate as well. I hope it continues as it'll mean i dont need to try HRT. Mind you, if I had needed it, my doctor wasn't particularly helpful in the sense that he more or less said its a case of "suck it and see" .... As in you try one type of hrt, if that doesn't work you try another!!!

I do still believe that this menopace stuff is working. I am not plagued with hot flushes. I still get randomly hot when I am due but generally speaking I do feel these supplements are making a difference. exercise is the other key thing that's helping me I believe. I try to get at least an hour's walk every day, or I cycle if the weather permits. It really does help.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information