Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 19 year old had panic and anxiety 3 years

19 year old had panic and anxiety 3 years

My name is amy im 19 year old female from Newcastle i have suffered from panic and anxiety for nearly 4 years now it has taken me to different stages different panic attacks feelings ect ... this is why i can not get used to them i also went threw a stage of having headaches every day (brian tumor) very very very fast heart beat (heart disease , heart attack heart failure EVERYTHING) cancer blood clots i think like that all the time every littel pain i get (IM DYING) the most i fear about is my heart its been 230bpm ...... anyway one of these stages i couldn't leave my room AT ALL for eneything i was always on edge i went it the bath and such when everyone went to bed this went on for months when i stepped out side i felt so unreal i thought i was in a game sounds strange i no! and had to go back in house(i live with my boyfriend) i got pregnant and i never ever had a panic attack for 11 months i was great , then on my 18th birthday it started again the next day when i was hungover :( i hate ringing hospitals and my doctor they have no idea and i feel so stupid going back to hospital because of ow many times iv been i dont do major panicking but if my heart beats fast if im sitting down and not stressing i freek out so bad , my heart does go pretty fast iv rang ambulance up to 3 times a night a week and they told me if your heart beats like this you need to be here as always i had my ecg and blood pressure my heart would be high same as my blood pressure as soon as they told me i wasn't going to die it would slow down my heart weird i would still feel on edge i used to make my self be sick (late at night) i can never stay still i need to walk! i play with my hair twist it my hands get sweaty my feet to some times when im not panicking i get twitches in my eye lid my belly goes all funny need wees all the time crying and not forgetting my heart ... in the mean time i kept getting very unusal heart beat taken my breathe away very scary ! it was like my heart beated 10 times in sted of 2 and i could feel it was very aware , as im very worried about my heart it was the worse that could happen i told doctors they just says palpations ... one day with arugeing with my boyfriend myheart done so many crazy beats i rang 999 and now i have an etopic heart beat! :( im so worried about my heart i worry about sudden death it scares me so much the doctors give me propranol
    its really good blocks adrelin ...helps a lot i can now go out some times its there like now late as i dont much very rarely threw the day always at night panic and anxiety my family have lived average good ages 80-90 my nana had a heart attack hu is still allive was working very long hours never stoped and it plays on my mind! im next it all started when i was 16 beeing very very stupied i was on a night out and had taken 7 exasty pills within a hour , white stuff was running from my nose i felt so bad and whent to black out i i started freeking out i never in my life EVER thought i was gonna die so much then that night it was awful it surntley teached me a lesson and iv never taken them agian and i wont i was young and silly the next moring i started shakeing really badley when im not in full blown panic i start shakeing pretty bad and my teeth my jaw now clicks for some reason all the time iv had many ecgs and appoiments counciling and i still feel somethings wrong with my heart some one please help me there comeing back strong agian

---------- Post added at 03:04 ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 ----------

be really great if some body could help out?

Re: 19 year old had panic and anxiety 3 years

Hi Amy

You have come to the right place. I have been suffering with pretty much the same as you for years now. In and out of hospital so much, I used to dial 999 in my phone when I started feeling strange just in case I had to call it quick it would be there in my phone. Heart racing, can't catch a breath, pains in chest,arm and neck always on my left side. Of course straight away I think....IM HAVING A HEART ATTACK....again! I would get it daily, ectopic heart beat freaked me out, it's like your heart skips a beat or is beating funny. Perfectly normal but doesn't bloody feel it. When your stressed your body releases adrenalin which in turn makes your heart beat hard and fast. It's what's know as the fight or flight response. Everybody has it but people with panic attacks/panic disorder suffer mostly from it. The feeling of you being in a game/not feeling real is another very common symptom of panic attacks/panic disorder. Like you when I'm rough after a night out its not good the next day. Panic panic panic. But rest assured your not going to die from it and your not going crazy. However you should really speak to your doc and seek some help.

Something that helped me was to look up about panic attacks/ panic disorder. Get to know your enemy and this can be a tool to use in understanding how and why this happens.

Good luck

---------- Post added at 03:23 ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 ----------

This is the feeling of unreal you are talking about- Depersonalisation

During a panic attack your symptoms can feel so intense and out of your control that you may feel detached from the situation, your body and your surroundings. It can almost feel as if you are an observer, making the situation seem very unreal.
    This sense of detachment is known as depersonalisation. Being detached from the situation does not provide any relief, or make a panic attack less frightening. Instead, it often makes the experience more confusing and disorientating.

thanks for you reply ,
    yeah iv tried all of them doctors EKG over and over agian yeah mines always
    on the left side lol i dont worry about pains on the right but when its my left i get really worried i have my good days and have my bads and have really bad times the more angry i am are arugeing i get the heart beats also when iv had bad hours of sleep. i dont drink coffe just tea and also smoke :/ not a night for my panic i dont like it but smoked for a really long time and when you quit it makes them so much worse! so im not looking to quit just yet i mean i used to dial 999 maybe 30-35 times a week now its once a month a ful blown panic ,
    normal is my anxiety i think i get mixed with the two but i become more alert really ajadated and shifty and messing about i dont listion to people as im so stuck on the panic and latley iv become very moody and snappy at the littlest things i just dont want it to come back when i couldnt leave not when my child is now here its really hard horrible things they are

---------- Post added at 03:27 ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 ----------

theres not a website i have came a cross i havent looked at and also Google my symtoms and it made me 1000000000 times worse :( so i dont do that anymore i just want to here other peoples storeys and what happens i mean i can be feeling great watching telle and it hits me like that for no reason

Right well first thing first. Tea has as much caffeine as coffee and cigarets make it worse also. I smoked and drank lots of coffee before and when I cut these things out it made a hell of a diferance! Pains on my right side get ignored, same as you. The thought of you having a heart attack is making you panic/stress and in turn gives you symptoms of a heart attack. That's why it's so scary! Because you are so fixed on this your mind will start making you feel things. My boss had a heart attack and he told me he got really tingly feet before it happend, so me being the same as you started getting tingly feet each time I had an attack. For me no 2 panic attacks are the same, and because of that I think "oh it's defo a heart attack this time" you have all the classic signs of panic attacks/disorder. And as for the drugs that's not a concern if you have done it before. Just don't do it again! I turned to drink and drugs (cocain) when I was at my worst, it was like an escape for me, all it done was make it worse so don't do it! Has your doctor ever mentioned beta blockers? These are good for controlling the symptoms and in turn makes you realise you don't have heart trouble.

Glad to have you with us.

I've found a great deal of support and guidance since I've been here.

I'm sure you will too.

Hi Amy, I can relate. I had my first panic attack on Ecstacy when I was about 20 and have never been quite the same since (I'm now 40). Panic Disorder didn't really kick in for me until about 8 years ago, but I definitely feel that my adrenalin threshold has been lowered by the E and about 10 years smoking cannabis.

Hangovers symptoms definitely mimic a lot of panic attack symptoms - headache, fast heart, trembling, etc and can therefore bring on full panic mode. I hardly drink any more because of this.

This is actually my first post here, I was about to introduce myself but I saw your "Hello" and thought I'd drop you a response.

I've tried many things to sort myself out, and am currently undergoing a course of Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation (not nearly as scary as it sounds). I've been doing it for about 14 days and it has significantly reduced my anxiety and made my general outlook on life far more positive.

There's not much info on CES here on this forum so maybe you want to see what other people might recommend first. But if you're like me and are very anxious of taking medication, I'd recommend doing some research on CES.

take care,

RP

thanks for yours help .... yeah i take beta blockers i take something called propronol (my spelling is really bad sorry) but its something like that little pink tablets im on 10mg i used to be on 40mg 3 times a day (moring dinner time and before bed) then they whernt really that bad and i didnt want to have them everyday so i came of slowly and my doc telt me to take them when i feel a panic attack comeing on my tablets are my life saver and they do make a huge difference as it slows my heart and blocks addrelin , my panics come at night and means im awake tell 3, 4 am ! which sucks!

yeah mine was as straight away after i had taken e , i dont think i liked the out of body exprince it really freaks me out that you can see things and stuff when you take surtian drugs so i must of just been out my face and didnt like it as i couldnt stay in control if you get me pretty much 10 mins later i went to black out it happened so fast it was as qwick as a click of finger and i did not like that at all it give me a huge fright and set me of as being 16 i didnt no about panic and such so i didnt listion to everyone and doctors its hard to explain its just crazy how you can be ok watching tv are something and feel like your going to die next ..... :(

Hi Amy if Beta blockers (propronol) work for you that's great, I found for me it was just like putting a lid on a pressure cooker of all my other panic feelings - a very uncomfortable experience. I find I can bring my heart rate down by slow deliberate breathing with a hold of 4 seconds after each out breath. I also use something called the "Dive reflex" - when you immerse your face in cold water (needs to be below 20 degrees - the colder the better) the body naturally relaxes itself and the heart rate slows by up to 25%. Put your face in a basin of cold water for as long as you can hold your breath and see if it helps.

With my experience on E I also felt like I was about to black out, a couple of friends dragged me outside and the freezing rain at the time brought me round. At the time I didn't realize it was a panic attack as I didn't know what they were, but I did feel like I was going to die. I'd advise not taking any drugs any more as they certainly won't help your panic attacks.

take care,

RP

Hi Amy! I am also 19 and suffer from nearly the exact same symptoms! I was a proper party drug user as well and I think it may have brought my anxiety on! I've phoned ambulances as well and also been given propranolol but I don't really feel it helping! If I get a twinge in my head or heart I immediately think I'm having a brain hemeroage or a heart attack. I just thought I would reply because knowing that someone else is going through the exact same thing can make you feel that much better!

Chin up it will get better! I hope haha! X

Talking Re: 19 year old had panic and anxiety 3 years

hahahah thanks, and yeah i kno its such a horrible feeling its always going to be
    there its just the fact of trying to control it if my heart rate goes to fast i panic panic panic so bad and mine last maybe to a hour are 2 even longer i dont have a major panic if my heart isn't beating fast if i have a little panic then my hands will sweat and ill start fidgeting and its like iv taken drugs alover again i get so much alert, and it sucks they come at night and keep me up last time i was at hospitil they found my weird beat i was so happy they told me it was an eptopic heart beat and its normal my beta blockers are really helpful for me and i would end up in hosptil every day if i didnt have them and i have been on them for a good while now ( so how did everyone else panics start) x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information