Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 10mg Citalopram for anxiety/depression any positive stories?

Re: 10mg Citalopram for anxiety/depression any positive stories?

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo61 View Post
    Is that correct, because it makes a lot of sense when it comes to me and my own breakdown?
    Well a lot of people seem to think it's correct. Google: anxiety OR depression "life event"

Was off work with stress. Took 10mg for 4 weeks then up to 20mg. Been on ever since. Awful side effects for 3 weeks and didn't start working until 12 weeks. Much better now. Back at work. Still on tablets but coping. Stick with it!!

That's great Andy getting back to work really helps me improve faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Catherine84 View Post
    Hi,

Just wondered if anyone took anything to get them through the initial side effects of the Citalopram? My breathing OCD anxiety has gone through the roof and I have constant butterflies in my stomach. I am taking 5mg Diazepam 3 times a day, but it doesn't do anything for my panic. I am stuggling to get to sleep at night and carry out basic tasks. I just feel more and more like I can't live like this. When I could have a glass of wine in the evening, it at least calmed me down for a while (I know this is not a long term solution, hence me being desperate for some meds which would help me instead), but now I feel like there is no escape. I would give anything just for a couple of hours respite right now. x

Hi just wondering how you are feeling now? Have you noticed any improvement? I'm new to citalopram it's the first time I've taken anti depressants so just hopeing these awful side effects subside! X

Hello,

I have just begun to take 10mg of Citalopram. Last night was the third time that I took it. The first night was difficult as I woke up at 4:30am in a panic, needing Alprazolam to calm down. Since that night I have been taking the Clonazepam (.5mg) I was prescribed with the Citalopram and once I start to feel the Clonazepram working, I am out like a light. I sleep deeply and for many hours, and tend to wake up a bit groggy.
    My concern is the slight nausea I feel when I wake up, I try to drink a lot of water knowing I'm likely dehydrated from the hours in bed, but nausea has been one of the triggers for my panic attacks, and I'm concerned that this will not go away. I'm due to return to work in just under one month and fear that I will not be adjusted to do so.
    Yesterday I took .5mg of Clonazepam when I woke up to mitigate this food related nausea/anxiety but it ended up making me sleep for about 4 more hours, and while this is fine for now, it will not be once the school year begins again and I need to report to work.
    Can anyone relate to this? Just feeling somewhat lost in this new journey...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information