Thread: A beautiful, gritty, inspiring documentary with a lesson for us all

A beautiful, gritty, inspiring documentary with a lesson for us all

I saw this last week and watched it again last night.

I had to share as this documentary is so gritty, truthful and inspiring! It can teach us all so much!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZNKlUmFkG4

Enjoy!

Cat x

Re: A beautiful, gritty, inspiring documentary with a lesson for us all

Absolutely incredible. I cannot wait to watch that somehow and someday!

All of us forget that the world today isn't the world we were meant to live in and the foods we eat are not the foods we were meant to be eating.

We have forgotten our roots. We are pouring chemicals on our hair, on our skin, in our mouths, in our stomachs, in our lungs. We all work too long, never have enough money, never have too much time for ourselves.

A natural and holistic approach is so important for all of us. We haven't evolved quick enough to adapt to how much the world around us has changed. Even in 100 years, everything has changed so much.

Thanks for sharing the link! Would love some information on where I'm able to watch the full thing!

x

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    Absolutely incredible. I cannot wait to watch that somehow and someday!

All of us forget that the world today isn't the world we were meant to live in and the foods we eat are not the foods we were meant to be eating.

We have forgotten our roots. We are pouring chemicals on our hair, on our skin, in our mouths, in our stomachs, in our lungs. We all work too long, never have enough money, never have too much time for ourselves.

A natural and holistic approach is so important for all of us. We haven't evolved quick enough to adapt to how much the world around us has changed. Even in 100 years, everything has changed so much.

Thanks for sharing the link! Would love some information on where I'm able to watch the full thing!

x
    Oh Steven, you would love this!

This documentary was so inspiring as Frank had the odds well and truly stacked against him in terms of his physical and mental health and quality of life and relationships.

Frank, at the time of filming was a 54 year old Sicilian man from the Bronx. He had a history of drug and alcohol abuse which resulted in him contracting hepatitis C and the disintegration of his relationship with his wife, daughter, brother and himself.

He was on a cocktail of drugs including chemotherapy and painkiller drugs for hep C and was a long term user of antidepressants for over 10 years.

The transformation you see him undergo in just 42 days of nutritional therapy, mentoring and work on his relationships is nothing short of astounding! I'll let you see the results rather than tell you about them here.

Frank continues to adopt a 60% raw diet and be healthy and happy following the making of this documentary

I'm in total agreement about the junk we expose our bodies to. In one of the documentaries below, a nutritional therapist puts this quite succinctly:

"25% of the food we eat helps us to survive, 75% helps our doctors to survive"

I have watched so many documentaries in the last few weeks. Here are a few more that I think that you would really enjoy and benefit from

Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead
    Another inspirational documentary - don't be fooled by the bluntness of the title. Full Documentary here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT6PrbctPJ4

Food Matters
    Trailer here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4DOQ6Xhqss
    I think that the full documentary can be viewed in parts on You tube

Gerson Therapy ~ The Beautiful Truth
    Full documentary here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv4b6IzLTes

I'll PM you about 'May I Be Frank' documentary. It is pretty hard to get hold of for region 2 viewing.

Happy viewing!

Cat x

Thanks for sharing, I love him!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by panickyme View Post
    Thanks for sharing, I love him!!!!!
    Frank is an inspiration, not to mention a very funny character and genuine man. Glad you enjoyed!

Thread Information