Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pregablin withdrawal

Re: Pregablin withdrawal

At present I am taking 200mg of pregabalin, have managed to cut down, can't say I feel any better or any worse. Weight issues or still an issue, I am convinced my metabolism has been altered but GP thinks this is not the case and that my increase in appetite is more likely to blame. Not sure whether I will be able to come off this drug altogether as I still feel like I need a safety net, I don't feel able to function without meds at the moment.

Wanted to update this thread as I have seen a similar one and since I last posted I have gone back up to 400mg of pregabalin, I tried hard to manage on 200mg and then come off it completely but I really struggled, I started to become depressed (not a side effect of withdrawing according to GP) . Weight gain is still an issue, I seem to have levelled out but am still worried I may continue to put it on. I have spoken to people who have come off this medication fine with no problems but I found it difficult. I have to concede that for now I need to stay on it and cut down on my food intake, although I still am convinced it has slowed my metabolism down, but again GP said this won't be the case and I am eating more than I realise. I hope to try again in the future to withdraw but don't feel mentally ready at the moment.

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

Give yourself a big pat on the back for acknowledging your need to go back on pregabalin
    At least you know there is a drug there for you when you need it.
    I am still on 400mgs a day and after 35yrs I have managed to give up a 20 a day habit of smoking (1 month ago). So pregabalin has made me feel confident enough to quit smoking!!!!!

Downside is I have put on 10lbs in that time Also my insomnia is worse

Hang in there

Thanks Sarah and well done on giving up smoking!! I would like to manage without meds but like you say sometimes you just have to admit that you need them and be grateful they are helping. xx

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information