Thread: Am I depressed or just more realistic than others?

Am I depressed or just more realistic than others?

Hi all

I have suffered with anxiety and depression for as long as I can remember. I have always had a scary and negative outlook of the world. I am terrified on a daily basis due to issues such as global warming, animal cruelty and people starving to death. I have had so many different types of medication and therapy. I am beginning to feel that I won't get better because maybe I haven't actually got depression and maybe I am just more realistic than other people who don't suffer with 'depression'. I've have been doing some research on this and because I have never known a time when I have been happy or living without fear, it is the only conclusion that I can come to.

The prospect of being like this for the rest of my life just makes me wish I had never been born. When I go to bed at night I hope that I not going to wake up in the morning. I have thought about killing myself but I am too scared to do that and couldn't cope with the pain. Also I am worried that I would go to hell (if it exists). Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Nat

Re: Am I depressed or just more realistic than others?

I do sometimes have the same thought but its not true, a person's outlook can differ greatly. There are those people who suffer great misfortune yet seem to get on with their lives and not let it get them down. It's a massively complex subject, I can't begin to really understand why people have different views on life.

It is possible to change, I know that is true.

Thread Information