Thread: HA back with avengance - can anyone help me?

HA back with avengance - can anyone help me?

Hi everyone

I've been suffering with HA for a bout 10 years now . I'd say I'm ok for about 3 months of the year and then bad for the rest.

I've posted before about my moles and I have a fear that I will get melanoma. I have lots of moles and have had sunburn alot in my late teens/twenties life.

I had a mole removed 6 years ago on my back that was bleeding but it turned out to be fine. Since then I've had a large mole on my back removed by laser. 2 Different doctors looked at it and both said it looked normal. I had it removed anyway but didn't have it analyzed. This was 2.5 years ago. The scar tissue itches alot and I get a stabbing sensation in it. It now looks like its coming back a little bit (I seem to remember when the doctor removed she said the the pigment may come back over time).

Anyway I am really really stressing out that it was melanoma and I didn't know about it and now it's coming back and could have spread. This has been triggered by reading an article about a women having a melanoma removed 10 years ago and now its back and has spread to her groin and she has a year to live :-(

If it was melanoma would it have come back sooner than 2.5 years? The tingling/stabbing sensation worries me but I am trying to be rational and tell myself this is the scar tissue growing and changing.

Please please please can anyone help? I am really freaking out.

Thank you in advance!
    x

Re: HA back with avengance - can anyone help me?

Try to relax. I know where you are mentally right now and it sucks. I am sure you will be fine. Doctors are very cautious and would have analyzed the original mole if there was even a hint of it being the big C. Good luck.

Thread Information