Thread: cipralex anyone with knowledge of what im about to ask

cipralex anyone with knowledge of what im about to ask

hello all , ive read through your post and noticed most are new here again, unfortunatly im an old hat on this site on and off,, i was on cipralex up till 5 months ago, i was on them for 4 years in total... well wont bore you all but 5 months have past and hey ho anxiety and panic coming back BAD... trying to go with it as much at is scares me but am struggling. I was on 10mg before but last week had to go see my doctor in the end to tell him im having panic/anxiety again i broke down and felt stupid cant bielieve im back here again, he offered to put me back on cipralex at 5mg... The thing is i have them and i know its olnly been 5 months scince i was off them but im scared shitless to take 5 mg as affraid ill have to go through the heightend stages of taking it...... does anyone know if this will be bad????? is 5 months to long ?? will i feel the difference of side effects bad???? im having anxiety now so hope im not confussing you all. im flipping confussing myself cant think straight... cipralex are brilliant once they kick in iom just trying to convince myself again to take it.... just keep looking at the packet.....im such a baby cant bilieve i got to take them again..... BY the way i do know why im suffering again something awfull happened along the lines of me giving up the meds before and kick started my panics again so to use who think youll never get better you will i can promise you that its just an unfortunate thing thats happened to me thats brought it all back.. i really would appreciate some advice. thankyou.

lisa

Re: cipralex anyone with knowledge of what im about to ask

Lisa I am so sorry to hear you are ill again, I'm always the same if I come off my medication, I went almost a year last time but ended up back on meds in May last year. Sadly after 5 months you will probs get the start up effects but at least you know what to expect, can you ask your doctor to prescribe something to help you until the Cirpralex settles? Any how thinking of you and good luck. Here if you need to chat xx

Hi Lisa.

I was in a VERY similar situation as you were only a few months ago.

I spent 11 years on SSRI's until last october when I felt great and came off them.
    This January, things came back BADLY! Very badly. Infact I'm still in the middle of what I can only describe as a mental breakdown. After one MASSIVE panic attack early this year, I did the same as you, went back to my GP crying and said I need to be back on my meds.
    I looked at the packet for a few days before giving in and taking them. Unfortunately I was put on Citalopram which absolutely ruined me. After 2 and a half months of Citalopram dosage changes, I gave up with it as it was clearly not working. Not on my 8th day of Escitalopram.

You are 5 months off the meds, I was only 2 and I unfortunately experienced the full whack of start up side effects but that was on Citalopram.

Changing to Escitalopram has been a very mild transition and had I been put on that back in January and not Citalopram, I think things would be alot different right now.

Steven

I also think Escitalopram is just much more tolerable to start up Steven as Citalopram can be hell, I know it was for me all 3 times I started up on it again which is why I was given the Escitalopram. So glad to hear you are settling already after only 8 days, that is brilliant (:
    Lisa I really hope you are feeling so much better soon.

Thread Information