Thread: not feeling real- spacey

not feeling real- spacey

For a few weeks id combatted my little spacey feeling but its back now :( anyone else get bad depersonalisation? its worse when im out ina social situation like in town where its busy, hard to decsribe but i dont feel dizzy as such my head just feels spacey

i want to feel real!!

Re: not feeling real- spacey

Hi,

Yes, depersonalisation is something I get often, it's a VERY unpleasant feeling. I find that Diazepam helps a lot when I get a bad attack of depersonalization, but you need to be careful with Diazepam as it's addictive, only use it when you REALLY need it. As for ways to deal with the average "attack" of depersonalization, don't turn to Diazepam for the average attack, only the very severe ones. For the average ones, I find it helps to find something with text on it, read a line, then look at a distant object, then read the next line and repeat the process. The constant changing of focus in your eyes seems to alleviate the feeling somewhat, at least for me. Another strategy I use if I don't have anything to read is to sit down, then alternate between looking at the floor and looking at a distant object for a few minutes, you should find that the symptoms alleviate to a degree. I find that generally switching focus between a nearby object and a distant one for a few minutes tends to help end an attack. If all else fails, take half a Diazepam (2.5mg), but only if you're REALLY desperate, I can't stress that enough, it will fix the problem but it is a VERY addictive drug. I generally carry it on me, and find some comfort in knowing I have it if I need it, but you SERIOUSLY need to understand that it's only for emergencies.

Re: not feeling real- spacey

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply. I only take diazapem once a year when i fly if not im a completely fool on the plane and start shaking/crying etc.
    I'm not a fan of taking pills as it is so wouldn't use it for depersonalisation just incase my body becomes dependant on it!

Its a toughy but think distracting my mind is the best option atm even though its easier said than done

Thread Information