Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hang in there you will recover- I'm living proof!

Re: Hang in there you will recover- I'm living proof!

So awesome to read!

I love success stories because they give me hope for my own!

Smile Re: Hang in there you will recover- I'm living proof!

Quote Originally Posted by cmc46 View Post
    Thanks for your encouraging post Mick, your posts were a great help to me when I went onto citalopram back in July, I have to see the GP in the next few weeks and I think he will probably talk about gradually coming off of them, I just wondered how long your withdrawal took, did you go from 20mg to 10 or did you have a few weeks on 15mg inbetween? I am so glad that you are feeling so much better.
    Hi CMC,
    Your GP will probably want you to taper down gradually say 5mg at a time but they are all different in there views. My GP wasn't a great help so I turned to the web and people I know who've come off AD's. I went to a walk in centre a few months ago and saw a GP as I'd lost faith in mine, She said that as I'd tapered down to 10 mg myself from 20 I could go cold turkey if I could cope with the withdrawals so that's what I did. It wasn't pleasant at first but I'm now a month free of Cit and feel great.

If you trust your GP then go with what they have to say and I wish you all the best, just remember it takes time for your brain to readjust to coping without the Citalopram boosting your serotonin levels so be prepared for a slight bumpy ride occasionally on the way off them. Here's my favourite word again PATIENCE and also a few blip days are to be expected so don't punish yourself or over think any feelings/symptoms.

Thanks everyone else for your posts as well, Remember you can and will get better in time, The days maybe dark right now but that sunshine will soon break through the clouds and reveal that perfect day that your awaiting I promise you.

Take care all.

Mick.

Hi Mick,

Thank you so much for your reply, you always write so positively and I am so pleased that you are feeling so good.

I went to see my GP yesterday who is very good, I changed from another one in the same practice last year as we were getting no where, he said that before we start to think about cutting down it must be what I want, I said it was, at first he said to cut down from 20 to 10mg but I asked if I could do it in 5mg's, so we have agreed that I take 15mg for a month, then 10 for a month and the same with 5 so today was my first day on 15mg.

Thank you so much for your help now and in the past, wishing you good luck for the future.

Christine

Your original post is very inspiring Mick and I am glad you have recovered. I am on a low dose of Propranalol and have also been started on 20mg of Citalopram daily.

I have been on Cit for just over 2 weeks now and have experienced some of the common side effects and at the moment I find that instead of being anxious and worrying about things, I am at a stage where I don't give a damn about anything. I feel totally devoid of any feelings or emotion. I don't know whether this is a step forwards or backwards.

It was good to read your post though and it helps me to realise there may be better times ahead. As you say, hang in there!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information