Thread: Ate a meat sandwich 1 day after its 'use by' date (Emetaphobia sufferer)

Exclamation Ate a meat sandwich 1 day after its 'use by' date (Emetaphobia sufferer)

Hi everyone, I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong section but I couldn't figure out how else to post! I'm currently in quite a bad panic attack as half way through eating a pre packed sandwich from sainsbury's, I noticed that it had YESTERDAY'S date on it as the use by date. The sandwich had chicken and bacon in it, so I'm now absolutely petrified that I'm going to get food poisoning in the night. I suffer from terrible emetaphobia. If anyone could tell me if the sandwich will affect me at all I'd really appreciate it, I'm so scared! Thank you.

Re: Ate a meat sandwich 1 day after its 'use by' date (Emetaphobia sufferer)

The sandwich will be fine, I think as a rule we have two days after an expiry date to eat a product. There was a documentary on tv recently where a reporter only ate food that was 4-5 days over the expiry date to raise the point of how mush food we waste due to not understanding the sell by, use by system. It is only a recommended date. You will be fine

I'm sure you'll be fine. I accidentally ate some coleslaw the other day that was 3 days past its use-by date, and I didn't feel ill at all. As my mum always says to me: food doesn't get to midnight on its use-by date and then immediately become 'poisonous' that very minute.

Hi just wanted to agree I ate a sandwich 2 days past it's sell by date the other day (by accident to be honest) I was fine , you will be too.

Hello just wanted to let u no I've eaten a beef sandwich two days out of date without realising and I was completely fine xx hope u managed to stop worrying about it hun x

Thread Information