Thread: is this normal for 6wks

is this normal for 6wks

hi all
    im 6wks into fluoxetine tomorrow, and just wondering if the side affects should have subsided by now?
    The ones that are still bothering me are-
    tiredness through the day have to fight so hard not to nap
    morning jitteryness and nausea
    im wakeing up between 4am-5am every morning even though i wake a couple of times through night.
    when i wake i get the tingling sensation down my arms and back like the adrenaline is flowing but it doesnt go into a panic/anxiety attack no more.
    still having negative what if thoughts.

any info would be great as everyones posts have been so helpful

thank you x

Re: is this normal for 6wks

Hi Leenalou,

Everything you describe at 6weeks is normal.
    Sleep takes a long time to settle again. I'm at nearly 12 weeks n only just sleeping near normal. I still feel very tired certain days too n from following other posts on here it seems a common complaint. Just wondered what you are doing to counteract your thoughts? I have had the adrenaline feeling once this week so it's still poss a few weeks on. I still have bouts of nausea but I've linked that to my anxiety now. If you are checking the threads on here you should find some comfort n support there. Good luck n stick with it x x

I have been on them 6 weeks too tomorrow and I am still very tired every day. I also wake up about 4-5 am every morning and then toss and turn until I get up. You would think if we are shattered through the day we would sleep like logs at night. I also still have nausea every day and little appetite and loose bowels.

hi oncewassupergirl and zippy

thanks for the replies
    the 4-5am wake up call sucks, i had sleep problems week 1-2 then they settled down but now seem to have started again week 5-6
    the threads on here are brilliant getting so much advice and help
    i think the worse time for me is when i wake up rest of day im pretty much relaxed enough to do what needs to be done if i can get through the tiredness.

i started cbt last week so i am trying to use what i was told there to stop the what ifs and negative thinking i know its early days and i have to be patient i just look forward to the time i get a good nights sleep and wake up feeling good about myself and life x

Thread Information