Thread: Worried about dying my hair

Worried about dying my hair

I have quite bad anxiety and I'm planning on dying my hair for the first time. I'm going dark brown with semi permanent dye in 2 days so last night I did an allergy test behind my ear. I stayed at my friend's house so she could distract me to stop me panicking and washing the hair dye off and I didn't notice anything that might suggest I'm allergic.

My mum doesn't like the idea of me dying my hair so she keeps reminding me of people who have had bad reactions to the hair dye which has panicked me and now my ear and the place where the hair dye is have started to feel really warm which has panicked me even more. I've been putting it off for 3 years so i really want to dye it but I'm worried that the warmness is a sign that I could be allergic and I don't want to have a reaction and have to go to hospital with my mum constantly telling me that she warned me about this.

Should I go ahead and dye my hair anyway or is this a sign I'm allergic?!

Re: Worried about dying my hair

Um, I don't know but if there were something I could easily avoid which was making me anxious and it wouldn't be hugely inconvenient to avoid it, I would definitely avoid it! I am just too busy thinking about other things which are not avoidable!

Thread Information