Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pregnant and feeling very Upset......

Unhappy Pregnant and feeling very Upset......

Hi all, I'm just sooo sad and feel vile! I've always wanted a baby BUT since I'm a relatively new sufferer of anxiety and panic attacks, I've always been trepidatious about another baby + tooing & frowing over MY career which itself has been somewhat ruined my the start of GAD!!!!

Wasn't going to post about this to be honest as only one person knows I'm pregnant (my brother) at the moment BUT I'm just sooo teary and sunken today! My cars been out of order all last wk, then we had snow and I managed with the help of hubby, a good friend & my brother to cover my daughters school run + I only found out last Monday about my pregnancy! So still waiting for my mechanic to tell me when he's coming to sort car today & this morning got a cab to daughters school and it was the warmest, stuffiest low ceiling taxi, I'd ever been in! The window when I opened it was making an horrendous loud noise! Like it was about to fall out. I felt very off and was gripping the front head rest and when me and my little boy got out at home, I was shaken and upset! It's less than a mile & was like 10 minutes of torture!

I feel quite evil and angry at myself for moaning about being pregnant (quite selfish when I know someone who's been trying everything to conceive for many years) & I'm worried sick I might loose the baby BUT then weirdly worried about the pregnancy and tears and sunken and I feel quite sick and nothing tastes the same & no energy! Scared of having a migraine, scared of fainting even more than ever - just scared to death to be honest then, scared the worry might affect baby?

Ahhhh gosh just don't know what to eat, what to do to take mind of feeling down in dumps. can't shake this feeling AT ALL!

Anyone else like this, Im really at a loss over how I feel!

Re: Pregnant and feeling very Upset......

Awww Col you will be fine, it is probably just your body getting used to the pregnancy and then the worry on top is taking its toll on you. Once your car is back on the road and the snow has cleared you won't feel as trapped and stuck.

Thanks Becky, I just feel sooo upset today soooo upset I was up at the crack of dawn starring at the bedroom ceiling! I know I think not having my car is making it worse, I just can't shake it off, I've just as I've written this managed to have a little bit of cake & I normally I'd eat it no problem, love cake absolutly love it! Just hoping this will pass, I just feel so sad and fragile, if someone shouted I feel I'd crack.

to you too XXXX

Congratulations Col

I second what Bekzie said! And as one of the resident Midwives, you are more than welcome to PM me any time with any questions or whatever.

Eating wise - maybe try nibbling on some ginger biscuits? bit of sugar plus ginger is anti-sickness.

You've done this before and you can do it again

http://nothingworks.weebly.com/ < a must read!

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it" Nelson Mandela

"It is far harder to kill a phantom than a reality" Virginia Wolfe

I know in the early stages of my pregnancies I have felt really tearful and sad, but it soon passed. Maybe its your hormones running wild making you feel this way. Are you having morning sickness? That may be why you don't feel like eating. You will be fine Col, I'm always around if you need to chat xxx

Col and congratulations on the pregnancy news, I understand it may not be the best timing and you feel crap but sometimes these things just happen and it turns out for the best. I had GAD when I fell pregnant with my son, luckily I had an easy pregnancy with no nausea and although tired and worried about how I'd cope it was the turning point in my recovery. During the pregnancy and for 2 years after I had no panic or anxiety, pregnancy hormones are powerful and for me the focus of a new baby kept the anxiety away.

Your life sure doesn't sound too easy right now, things will get better. And it's OK to feel sad and fragile, you've got a lot on your plate and what you're feeling will pass, it always does.
    Love Sam

Congratulations on the pregnancy and sending you big hugs xx

to Becs, potatoe, tufty and Annie. Thanks for all your advice and support, really appreciated! Just needed to vent, I've held it to myself all week & just felt really awful this morning and most of the day. I know I've done it before BUT that doesn't make it feel any less scary, but yes it might make my anxiety sharpen it's act up, as I can't just think about me, me,me all the time. I'm sure it will pass But just think I needed reassurance and to get it off my chest! Thank you all XXXX

Hey there
    Today I just found out that im pregnant too. Im a wreck and like you i feel bad for feeling like this. I have had 2 healthy babies before but keep hearing things going wrong and I have such health anxiety i feel such a mess.

Ahhhh bab I've been in bed since Thursday with sickness - feel dread now also. I'm sending you heaps & heaps & heaps of

I know I still can't believe it, I feel **** every time I hear an ambulance I think they'll be coming for me soon , somethings gonna go wrong , everything now smells & tastes awful - gosh! Deep down & once I get my baby in my arms I know I'll be over the moon but I will say this is it - 3 is enough & I never want to go through this immense fear , worry & sickness ever again!

Pm me anytime & congratulations X

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information