Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chester meet-up Saturday 6th April 2pm

Chester meet-up Saturday 6th April 2pm

Hi everyone

A few of us are meeting at Costa coffee on the Greyhound Retail Park, is anyone else interested?

Saturday 6th April, at 2pm. Feel free to join us for a cuppa and a chat, no pressure to talk, just sit and listen if you prefer.

Would be nice to see lots of people there, a few of us are regulars and there are some newbies too!

Re: Chester meet-up Saturday 6th April 2pm

Hi Lizzie,

I'm away for this meet but would be interested in attending future Chester meets. Can I suggest by the waterfront as a venue for a future meet? It is very relaxing and accessible from the train station. Just a suggestion I hope to meet you soon

Hi Serenitie

Would be great to have you at future ones.

We tried a meet by the river a couple of years ago but the parking was terrible and that worried some people and one person actually gave up and went home as they were getting stressed finding a space, which was a shame. Also it gets really busy there, which again adds to some people's anxiety.

We've done the retail park a few times and it's worked well. People seemed to prefer the more open feel and the fact that the car parks are quieter, so it's easy to find a quiet space.

It makes no difference to me where we meet, am open to suggestions and peoples preferences, but just going on what's worked well in the past. :-)

It was just a suggestion - no worries I don't drive and as of this month have cut out tea and coffee to minimise my anxiety - it has! I'd struggle to get to the retail park as I'd be travelling from Sheffield to Chester by train. I suggested the waterfront as there are a few outdoor options to take a breather and walk by the river.

I hope that you all have a great meet

We've had people come from the station in the past and one or other of us has given them lifts, so we'll get you to wherever if you want to come some time! :-) Like I said, I don't mind wherever so after this meet, if people are happy with the river then I don't mind going with that :-) Especially if the ice cream stands are open!

Hi

I'll be at the meetup. I like the waterfront as well and the Magistrates court is always good for parking and not too far away. But I drive so am just as happy going to the retail park. I can always give people lifts from the station if needed as well.

Look forward to seeing you on the 6th :-)

Andrew

Hi Lizzie/guys,

I am happy to meet at the Retail Park

Waterfront sounds nice too but I would need to get parking at the River to be able to make it accessible/manageable...

Maybe another waterfront location might work like a bar near the canal at a quieter tranquil location like Telfords Wine Bar or somewhere like that?

Look forward to seeing everyone on Sat

Love Barbs x

So glad you're coming Barbs, will be lovely to see you again. We can have a chat when we meet about locations for future meets.

See you all then. There are only 4 of us at the moment - anyone else interested? X

Oh and just to specify - it's the new Costa, think it's a drive thru too. NOT the one in Tesco.

The tv programme Benidorm springs to mind when I think of you on the Costa Brava Paul! :-)

No, the orange wrinkly granny on the scooter!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information