Thread: Nostalgia:What are your favourite memories?

Nostalgia:What are your favourite memories?

I thought we could contribute to this topic by sharing happy memories of our happier moments so I'm starting this topic.If you would to share a few of your favourite memories,please do.I'll start the post:

Velveeta cheese.It was in Australian up until around 1970.Used to love it.
    I had to get friends in USA and Canada to send me some a few years ago.I swapped them some aussie things and even bought a book from amazon to send one friend.The smell and taste of hot velveeta on toast is a real treat.

Matchbox toys when I was kid.Going shopping in toy shops with my mum and dad.Loved it.Had all the new catalogues that came out trying to keep up with latest.

Xmas morning as a kid.We had a few variations of where our xmas presents were.One year we had them on the floor in our bedroom,another year they were at the end of our beds.Another year presents under the xmas tree.

High school.I had a great time at high school.Started dating around 14.Great learning experiences.Music of the 70s was a favourite too.

Okay.You're turn.Please add any memory or memories that make you feel good.I hope we can get this topic going and trigger of other memories so we add more after.

Have fun.Be happy.

Chris.

Re: Nostalgia:What are your favourite memories?

Great idea Chris as happy memories automatically bring a smile to your face.
    Apart from the obvious ones, like the births of your children, we all have memories of very simple pleasures.
    One of my happiest is of the first time (at age about 35) I went snorkelling. it was in the crystal clear waters of kassiopi, Corfu. The underwater world took my breath away and I can clearly remember that feeling of pure joy. I've been hooked ever since and one of the best times was snorkelling in off Manly 4yrs ago. Hubby shouted me to 'come and look at this big fish', it was a grouper, about a metre long and we could stroke it, it was so docile.
    We also went to Rockingham where we thought we had sharks approaching but it turned out to be a couple of dolphins come to check us out.
    Ah, happy days.
    These days, (at age 55), I just get to snorkewl in the freezing cold North sea but I still get a massive thrill when I come across a big crab, or fish or lobster.

Hi Tish.

Thank you for sharing.I love nostalgia.I'm 51.

Chris.

One of my special memories is going on a day trip to North Wales on a steam train.
    It was organised by the local British Legion club and us children were given a packet of crisps and a bottle of Ricci. (orange fizzy pop)

Laugh and the world laughs with you , cry and ? .....
    you need a bog roll. lol

Thread Information