Thread: skin tag

skin tag

hi has anyone had a skin tag removed? really dreading it and have been putting it off for a year but went to the docs and he can remove it in 2 weeks.... its not small enough to do the home methods but was wondering if any one has had it done and if its really horrific?

sorry its not the nicest problem to post about :(

thank you
    x

Re: skin tag

No, but thinking about it. I've an ugly one and it gets on my nerves. Don't think it would be painful though, good luck.

Thank you -Hope you get it sorted too. Mine is uncomfy now as rubs on clothing . Good Luck!! Xx

I've had a few removed, under my armpits. The nurse used the freezing stuff don't know what it's called sprayed it on. Feels like your being flicked with an elastic band, hurts for few seconds.

Yer that's it liquid nitrogen
    Last edited by clio51; 26-03-13 at 21:06.

If it's the same as wart removal then it's just the liquid nitrogen. Nothing to worry about at all. Looks a little crazy when they remove it from the freezer because it's smoking everywhere like dry ice. They just dab a bit on with a cotton bud and it can sting a bit, but sometimes completely painless. The skin tag/wart will just drop off after a few days. Easy!

They either burn it off, freeze it or tie it with cotton and let it drop off.

I had about 20 removed from my neck and one from my armpit.

I was given some anasethetic cream to apply an hour before on my neck and then I had to wrap my neck in cling film! Yes I did look an idiot in the waiting room.

Where is yours?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thank you!! Thanks for your help and its good to hear other experiences.!

Nicola - its just to the side of my bikini line ( on leg) really uncomfy as its rubs :(

Have you ever heard of them being cut off? Am just worried about the bleeding but freezing doesnt sound as bad

They burnt mine off and it stings more than hurts.

The one under my arm was too big so they tied it with cotton

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I had one cut off, and it hurt, was bleeding a lot, and had to be dressed each day for a week, it was the top of my back and the whole area felt tight, like I was wearing a Tshirt that was too small for me. But after a week it was cool, and it was gone, that was the main thing.

Thread Information