Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't cope with all the horrible things in the world: wish I'd never been born

Can't cope with all the horrible things in the world: wish I'd never been born

I know people say that the world is not all bad and there are things that are good but I just can't seem to see it. Everyday I am plagued with thoughts about the horrible things that happen in the world. I don't watch the TV or read newspapers but it is unavoidable. Sometimes the things I hear about make me want to die because I just can't cope with it. I feel like throwing up every time I hear about or see something awful. I just wish that I didn't care or was ignorant to it all and then at least I wouldn't feel this massive weight of blackness. People tell me it's the depression but it hasn't gone in the last 12 years so whose to say I won't be stuck like this for the next 40 years or more. I honestly don't see me changing because the things that make me feel this way are never going to stop.

Re: Can't cope with all the horrible things in the world: wish I'd never been born

“Time is an enormous, long river, and I’m standing in it, just as you’re standing in it. My elders are the tributaries, and everything they thought and every struggle they went through and everything they gave their lives to, and every song they created, and every poem that they laid down flows down to me – and if I take the time to ask, and if I take the time to see, and if I take the time to reach out, I can build that bridge between my world and theirs. I can reach down into that river and take out what I need to get through this world”
    ― Utah Phillips

I used to feel the same way. Then someone gave me some of this guys stuff and it made me look at the world differently .

Re: Can't cope with all the horrible things in the world: wish I'd never been born

It's not the world that's horrible, it's the glass you are looking through. What about all the nice things, like animal affection and flowers, and on the extreme end heroic stories and triumphs over evil. I feel the same way about things and maybe I always have but if you are sensitive to things like that, maybe you could use it to change things. Ecowarriors and rape campainors had to start somewhere.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Quote Originally Posted by glen hunt View Post
    “Time is an enormous, long river, and I’m standing in it, just as you’re standing in it. My elders are the tributaries, and everything they thought and every struggle they went through and everything they gave their lives to, and every song they created, and every poem that they laid down flows down to me – and if I take the time to ask, and if I take the time to see, and if I take the time to reach out, I can build that bridge between my world and theirs. I can reach down into that river and take out what I need to get through this world”
    ― Utah Phillips

I used to feel the same way. Then someone gave me some of this guys stuff and it made me look at the world differently .

Love this one Glen I like Utah Phillips
    Petra x

Sorry - post was not helpful.

Apologies.
    Last edited by defeatedsix; 05-04-13 at 22:47.

I'm sorry but I completely detest the above post. You can't just pick out all the worst bits of your life and the world and say the world is a horrible place and all people who think otherwise is wrong?
    I appreciate you have been though a lot, it's so hard having depression and/or anxiety but you will not move forward with that attitude.
    There are too many wonderful things I have seen in life, even in the midst of my worst moments, for me to accept your viewpoint as fact.
    The world is full of good things and bad things but we don't always have a good balance for us.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Yes bad things happen and it can sometimes seem a bleak place when we are feeling down but I also think we need to count our blessings and look for the good in things. There is a lot of good in the world and beautiful things and places. Life is what you make it. Dwelling on all the bad things does not help you...so much better to look at the good.

Quote Originally Posted by PanchoGoz View Post
    I'm sorry but I completely detest the above post. You can't just pick out all the worst bits of your life and the world and say the world is a horrible place and all people who think otherwise is wrong?
    I appreciate you have been though a lot, it's so hard having depression and/or anxiety but you will not move forward with that attitude.
    There are too many wonderful things I have seen in life, even in the midst of my worst moments, for me to accept your viewpoint as fact.
    The world is full of good things and bad things but we don't always have a good balance for us.

Apologies.

the country, flowers, sunsets, faith, cute animals, the feel of grass in your toes, family, friends, music, love (yes you WILL love again), the warmth of a fire, cheese (stilton brie cambezola smoked applewood wensleydale) good food, being drunk, finding something you lost years ago, sweet memories, a comfy warm bed, having somewhere to come back to however bad, independence, freedom, democracy, vaccinations, wellbeing, free healthcare, games and puzzles, the ability to learn new skills, being really good at something, being able to care, being able to see, hear, feel, touch, taste, smell, clean water, beautiful architecture, modern necesseties, comunication, a wealth of knowlege in libraries and the internet, scientific discoveries including the first feeling bionic hand, electricity in your home, cool clothes, the neverending mystey of the universe, holidays, dancing, charity, sofas (imagine not having a sofa), happy little babies, sweet little toddlers, cheeky tweenies, the wisdom of the older generation, the people that still love you no matter what and, of course, NoMorePanic and everyone here who helps each other.

How about that? How about all these little things you are blocking out as you keep you face turned in towards your own unfortunate circumstances? However bad you feel there are always people worse off than you, but they still have the ability to be happy.

I hope your life takes a turn for the better soon.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Quote Originally Posted by PanchoGoz View Post
    the country, flowers, sunsets, faith, cute animals, the feel of grass in your toes, family, friends, music, love (yes you WILL love again), the warmth of a fire, cheese (stilton brie cambezola smoked applewood wensleydale) good food, being drunk, finding something you lost years ago, sweet memories, a comfy warm bed, having somewhere to come back to however bad, independence, freedom, democracy, vaccinations, wellbeing, free healthcare, games and puzzles, the ability to learn new skills, being really good at something, being able to care, being able to see, hear, feel, touch, taste, smell, clean water, beautiful architecture, modern necesseties, comunication, a wealth of knowlege in libraries and the internet, scientific discoveries including the first feeling bionic hand, electricity in your home, cool clothes, the neverending mystey of the universe, holidays, dancing, charity, sofas (imagine not having a sofa), happy little babies, sweet little toddlers, cheeky tweenies, the wisdom of the older generation, the people that still love you no matter what and, of course, NoMorePanic and everyone here who helps each other.

How about that? How about all these little things you are blocking out as you keep you face turned in towards your own unfortunate circumstances? However bad you feel there are always people worse off than you, but they still have the ability to be happy.

I hope your life takes a turn for the better soon.

Apologies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information