Thread: worst case scenario?

worst case scenario?

Does anyone else always think that because they have weird symptoms that there is no chance they'll make it to 80 or whatever. I genuinely think that one of these days I am going to be told I have an undiagnosed heart defect/cancer/ any bloody thing and that I only have 3 months to live. I constantly think worst case scenario, when I look on google I always look at the complications of illnesses and think 'this is bound to happen to me sometime soon'. Just recently been panicking about my thyroid and read about a rare complication that can be life threatening and was certain it was going to happen to me and that would be the end. Sorry for the slightly negative post, just would like to know who else has this.

Re: worst case scenario?

Yep.
    Theirs no way ill make it till tommorow in my brain.
    I don't google though. Easier said then done but it really helps not to.
    Google is not a doctor x

Yes I think the same and think I just don't see it in my mind I font think I'm ment yo get old I think terrible things x

I'm amazed I've made it to 70, I remember when I was 50 I was quite convinced I was close to the end! I had a hysterectomy, when thankfully they found little wrong with my womb other than a bit of enlargement and a slight prolapse. But in the subsequent months I convinced myself they'd missed something lethal and we spent quite a lot of money on private investigations!

Well, I've made it to 70 and I'm actualy physically very well apart from a few creaks, but will I make it to 75 ...

Lots of sympathy - I do undrstand how you feel!

It's a common thing in anxiety sufferers Nico. It's known as catastrophising http://psychcentral.com/lib/2007/wha...tastrophizing/

She said, I'm tired of the war
    I want the kind of work I had before

Yes, I'm like this and am sure I won't make it past 50.

I don't Google though - I used to but it was making me so terrified that now I avoid it on purpose. If I get a symptom and I'm worried, I'll go to the doctor and listen to what they say rather than google. They know me and have my medical history up on the computer when I'm in there with them...google doesn't.

Thread Information