Thread: Tension headache?

Jem27 Guest

Tension headache?

Every morning im popping neurofen, thought it might be a sinus headache as I have chronic sinusitis but im waking every single day like this, can anyone relate to this....??

It aches and feels tight all down the back of my head, my temples and lots of ear pressure, no pain in ears usually though. Occasionally it feels almost like im getting a head cold when the back of my head is aching and now & again my jaw is stiff but thats not everyday, its manly the ache down back of head etc....

I keep worrying it could be my sinuses getting bad again but my sinuses feel fine, no facial pain really.

Sounds like a tension headache.I get em all the time.The back of my neck and head aches til I feel sick from it
    Phill

Don't believe everything you think.

Hi there
    same here I am afraid, wish I could offer words of advice to ease it for you (and me, and Phill !). How I hate mornings, that ear pressure rings in my head, the ache on the neck starts to tremble.
    I once tried an electronic vibration pad thing (havent a clue what it was called as my memory went a long time ago) that sent very mild pulse like shocks into the mussles and it helped a bit. You just put the pad on the neck and a small box in your pocket and it pulses so that you concentrate on the pulse instead of the aches. May be worth a try, it did work for me once, but not this time.
    Myself

Jem27 Guest
    Thanks for that, its awful isn't it. Suppose its better its tension than anythig else, can live with that.

i have them and taking tablets every day makes it worse

i keep a gel pack in the freezer and put that on my head or back of neck and most times it goes away.

the sinus pain i use a painkilling gel and put some on each side of my nose i also use forehead

dont know if any of this will help you

netty

the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past

Jem27 Guest
    Thanks Net,

I'm just always so freaked out about my sinuses leading to meningitis or brain absesses, im a nightmare. Always worry what these headaches are.

Thread Information