Thread: Naturopaths - any success stories?

Naturopaths - any success stories?

I have been to see a naturopath today and I'm a huge sceptic. The way she diagnosed what was wrong with me was totally out there! I just can't quite believe that what she was doing was for real - it was all a bit nutty really. But she has sent me off to get a whole bunch of supplements that sound quite sensible, nothing too out there. So I'm going to give it a go and try adn remain open minded to this - at worst it won't work and I will have lost a few hundred dollars, at best I'll feel more positive and maybe it will relieve some of my symptoms. It feels good to be proactive anyway, so that's got to be worth something.

Does anyone here have any success stories from seeing a naturopath?

Re: Naturopaths - any success stories?

Hi Lilharry, yes! The way I was diagnosed was quite wacko - with a Vega machine,very controversial and I'm a sceptic too - but I started seeing my naturopath for CFS/ME and it has since into remission. It can't say that's the reason but I'm sticking with my supplements. I have also been able to stop taking propranolol and my IBS is better. Your supplements aren't Blackmores by any chance?

She said, I'm tired of the war
    I want the kind of work I had before

Re: Naturopaths - any success stories?

Oh that's good to hear! Yes, wacko is a good word for what the one I saw did too! She used "muscle testing", which was really stupid. She put a box of herbal supplements on my stomach and I had to put my hand over them and she did something weird to my leg and the way it reacted told her which supplements in the box my body wanted! Totally ridiculous. But the supplements themselves look fine and could help be helpful, so I'm not complaining. I would have really preferred that she just picked a few supplements she thought would be helpful, rather than going through the weird ritual to be honest!

But great to hear you are in remission. I'm definitely going to give the supplements a chance. How long did it take for you to notice a difference?

No, I'm not using Blackmores - I have a few different brands I'm going to be using, but I can't remember what they are sorry.

Thread Information