Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daily Mail article

Daily Mail article

On reading today's daily mail,specifically the article on pages 16 and 17,I've learnt that people with 'anxiety attacks' are not really sick at all,but simply treated as sick by a welfare system with more money than sense.

Well thanks for that daily mail,I always did wonder why I dreaded people finding out that I had anxiety/panic/depression.Because I was ashamed.But now I know that I'm not really sick,I can stop being a carer for my wife and go get a full time job.

Re: Daily Mail article

Wow its great to know we are not really sick, I feel better now... not!
    There is no wonder there is such a stigma attached to anxiety, and no wonder so many people suffer in silence! Thank you Daily Mail Grrrrr

Another fantastic and well informed article by the nations top medical paper, The Daily Mail. I'm surprised they haven't tried to blame anxiety attacks on immigrants or tried to say that anxiety attacks cause cancer.

I got really angry when I read it,if that's what a major daily newspaper thinks,then stigmatising of mental illness is alive and kicking.

wont be buying that paper again

I'd rather read the daily sport than that right wing misinformed toilet paper.

I really wouldn't take what it says with any meaning. People who believe what the daily mail says have mental health issues themselves. Everyone knows that paper is an absolute joke.

I'm assuming you mean this article?

As soon as I saw the title "Daily Mail article" I knew it would be full of fail! Along with the Daily Express, it's my least favourite UK national newspaper. Most of their stories are exaggerated or not really true. For example, they focus so heavily on benefit fraud/"scroungers" when in reality only 0.8% of claims are false. This then stigmatises the genuine claimants.

I try to avoid the Daily Mail these days - even if there's a copy lying around in a cafe or a waiting room etc, I won't bother to read it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkle1984 View Post
    I'm assuming you mean this article?

As soon as I saw the title "Daily Mail article" I knew it would be full of fail! Along with the Daily Express, it's my least favourite UK national newspaper. Most of their stories are exaggerated or not really true. For example, they focus so heavily on benefit fraud/"scroungers" when in reality only 0.8% of claims are false. This then stigmatises the genuine claimants.

I try to avoid the Daily Mail these days - even if there's a copy lying around in a cafe or a waiting room etc, I won't bother to read it!
    Yup that's the one sparkle,5th paragraph down.I did mention this on 'Time to Change' twitter account,the campaign that's trying to reduce the stigma of mental illness.They still have a lot of work to do it seems.

It's good that you mentioned it to Time to Change. I very much admire the work they do in reducing stigma. It must be so hard to get the tabloids to report the news more responsibly, as they often sensationalise things to sell more papers. I've always found the TV news to be more balanced in this respect.

I think people with anxiety type disorders would be able to work if they were given the proper help and therapy n not simply just drugs n medication.

I didn't read the artical, most news makes me angry or depressed :(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information