Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back on 10mg Citalopram for the 2nd time

Back on 10mg Citalopram for the 2nd time

I am currently on day 2 of taking 10mg citalopram for a second time after suffering from low mood again with some anxiety. So far no major side effects. I take the pill with food in the mornings which i found out from taking it the first time is best to as i suffered from Insomnia when taking it at night and was nauseas when taking it without food. I am a bit scared as it is only day 2 and deff time for side effects to kick in. I have know been feeling a little more depressed really hope this will lift soon as i am supposed to return to work in 2 weeks time. Any reassurances from anyone who has taking it for a second time please?

Re: Back on 10mg Citalopram for the 2nd time

Is it normal not to get hardly any side effects the second time around on Citalopram for low mood? It's my 3rd day taking them. Are the meds still going to be effective?

---------- Post added at 14:36 ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 ----------

Has anyone ever felt more depressed when initially starting up Citalopram again and then felt better in time?

Hi citalopram 1,

I too am on my second round of citalopram. The second time round I found my side effects were worse than the first time, but I suppose everyone is different!

I also found that this time the citalopram took longer to work for me, but again that could be down to the individual - I was dealing with some fairly severe issues at the time of returning to citalopram so that could be part of the reason why.

Try and stick with it - 3days is *very* early days - remember it can take weeks, even months to feel the full effects

I am on week four of taking 10mg citalopram for the second time and this time I have had more side effects than the first time and it has taken twice the time to start to kick in.

Thank you for your replies Little Scientist & Frankie. Sorry you both have had to deal with more side effects and for it to take longer to work than the first time. Have you had to go to work or are you signed off sick at the moment? I am due to go back to work soon but feel that i need to feel better than i do inorder to do so.

Dead nervous and bad anxiety about going back to work on a phased basis after being off work with depression. How can i get over my worry and anxieties about this? Thanks

Sorry I haven't replied - not been on the forum in a little while!

The second time round on citalopram I was signed off for 4 weeks in total I think. The phased return to work helped me massively, gently eased me back in to the swing of things

Quote Originally Posted by little scientist View Post

The second time round on citalopram I was signed off for 4 weeks in total I think. The phased return to work helped me massively, gently eased me back in to the swing of things
    Sounds good glad for you Little Scientist. I have been on 10mg now for the second time for 3 weeks still feel depressed and tearful. Does anyone think if i give the 10mg citalopram more time it may start to work and ease things? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by little scientist View Post

How long was your phased return back to work? What days or hours did you do?

Citalopram this will take 6-8 weeks before you get the full benefit but your mood will lift.
    During this time you might feel more anxious but try to relax, has any one tried beating the blues? This might help you. Simon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information