Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anxious wait for ct scan for lung nodules

Anxious wait for ct scan for lung nodules

For a you who has see my previous posts many thanks. A ct scan found 2lung nodules and Ihave to wait until May or June for a rescan to check for growth. Good old Google says mmultiple nodules are usually mets from a tumour elsewhere but I have symptoms of another cancer.

Im not coping too badly but I have moments of panic. This waiting is very hard especially with HA. I was having cognitive behaviour therapy but theyve put that on hold pending my results as it wont help as thefe are no answers at present.

Best wishes to my friends on here and to those who advised against a ct scan, you were right, I shouldnt have had it done as an anxious wait is the unfortunate outcome

Re: Anxious wait for ct scan for lung nodules

Poor you, Andrea. I can't imagine what you're going through. If they thought it was something very serious, would they wait that long for follow-ups? Xx

Its standard procedure to watch and wait with these nodules. My gp thinks my .ets worry is unfounded and in my positive moments so do I. Imsure Id feel unwell if I had cancer elsewhere spread to my lungs

sorry you are going through this. we are all here if you need to chat etc. best wishes

Hi there

Like previous posters, I strongly believe that you would have been admitted double quick for a biopsy if it was suspected the nodules were anything sinister.

I understand that smokers can have scar tissue that appears like nodules. I've only recently given up and often have the same HA worries and fears so I just wanted to let you know I totally understand how you feel.

Kind regards

Donna

They are too small to biopsy. Only 4 and 5 ..mm

Thanks for the good wishes

Hi Andrea

It seems they are quite common:

Lung nodules are quite common, and are found on 1 in 500 chest x-rays, and 1 in 100 CT scans of the chest. Approximately 150,000 lung nodules are detected in people in the United States each year. Roughly half of smokers over the age of 50 will have nodules on a CT scan of their chest.

I read that they can be caused by infections and inflammation as well.

Hopefully things will be ok with yours as well

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

My next door neighbour has them. He had to have a ct scan of chest because he had lost his voice and had a paralysed vocal cord, rarely this can be due to a tumour in the chest hence the ct scan. He was negative for the tumour in chest but they did pick up nodules in his lungs. This was 3 years ago and he just has repeat scans once a year to check nothing has changed.

As with mri scans, the techonology picks up massive amount of benigh findings that are of no significance at all ( I have what looked like ms lesions in brain on mri but they were not) and cause alot of repeat scanning, this is the downside of these scans!

Thanks for that. Good to hear of others having them. Do you know how many.? Is he a smoker?

Thanks for replying. It really helps

Update....I have my repeat ct scan on Sunday. So scared these nodules will have grown. If God is smiling on me maybe they will be gone altogether.

Thanks for the support I have received here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information