Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4 weeks in

Re: 4 weeks in

My wife's tablets were only a couple of weeks old when I started taking them.

I felt terrible the first week, a bit better the second, felt pretty good the third, but this week I am back to feeling lousy again.

Just have to stay positive.

Oh, I think it is normal because that happened to me too. I also felt better one week and then really bad the next. From 2.5 to 3.5 weeks my sleep got worse, I gagged a lot and my anxiety was really bad. Currently feeling a little better. Starting SSRI's is a bumpy ride!!! Hang in there!! It will get better! You and I are on the same boat right now.

Well this is day 2 back on 2x10mg tablets again and I don't know if it is just a subconscious thing but I am feeling a bit better. Not as good as I was last week, but a step in the right direction.

How are you feeling Livi?
    I am still experiencing hot flashes and insomnia.
    I am also still anxious and depressed.

Hi Chic,

I'm still feeling anxious and dizzy, and the morning wretching is back but my mood has mellowed a lot. I was very angry all the time and since taking the citalopram my anger level has decreased almost to zero.

I'm hoping in time the side effects lessen more until they are eventually gone completely.

I'm now 4 weeks in, second time around (I took Citalopram a couple of years ago) following a bereavement. Major anxiety during the first couple of days and inability to sleep. This tailed off but returned and has been episodic... bad days followed by normal days and occasional good days. Trazodone has helped a great deal and is good for getting sleep. Yesterday was a bad morning/good afternoon/vaguely bad evening, but today seems strangely good... normal, pre-bereavement. I believe there's a pharmacological reason for this due to the effect on serotonin/5-HT subtypes of receptors, which will increase anxiety.

The anxiety is close to overwhelming at times (but, as with panic attacks, it ebbs and flows) and depression can be physically felt, like a weight or rawness in the mind or headache. But citalopram worked last time around... I was even able to get on a plane and fly medium-distance without any problems.

A scientific explanation is below:

http://psyberspace.com.au/depression/theory.htm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information