Thread: its happened i got jury duty -_-

its happened i got jury duty -_-

so i have no choice but to get diagnosed between now and may 6th and lord have mercy the thought of even doing that is making me panic a bit agh its such a paradox "need to be diagnosed can't leave the house though HHHHH" i'm also pretty scared to be given a diagnosis because i don't want to lose motivation to get any better. also do you think they'll force medication on me? i'm gonna go have a cry i think.

Re: its happened i got jury duty -_-

I have been sent jury duty letters a couple of times and I just wrote back to them explaining why I wouldn't be a good jury member and they accepted my letter - I didn't need a doctors certificate or anything. But it might be different where you are from.

You will be fine - you don't have do anything you don't want to do, but medication might be a good start for your recovery. Try and see this as a positive step to getting better. Sometimes it's good when you're forced to do something about it - you might be anxious now, but you'll probably look back one day and realise what a blessing it was. Try not to stress out too much about it - you will get through it and it really could be the start of some great progress.

i had a letter wanting me to attend for jury duty ....as i can remember i got a friend to write a letter to them,explaining about my depression ,anxiety,also my circumstances was different ,my husband was going to court himself 11 days before the day they wanted me to attend . I know my circumstances was different ,but getting someone else to have wrote the letter for me was a weight lifted from my shoulders ...i didnt have to attend and i remember in the letter i recieved off them ,i wouldnt be asked to attend any jury dutys ...x

thanks guys. i do guess now is as good a time as any to go to the doctor i lose my insurance at the end of this year so if i don't go this year i'll probably never go. now i'm just pretty worried that they'll think i'm just elaborately trying to get out of jury duty. one of my sisters asked me "well what if he just doesn't do this and you just have to go? and you still have to pay for the visit" i'm worried about wasting other people's money so that has me a little upset. :( i'm thinking about finding and emailing doctors in my area to see what they think i should do

an update for anyone who might find this later when they're having the same problem: i emailed the clerk office of my county and asked who i could contact to ask questions and they gave me a name and number and my sister called and explained my situation and she excused me for now and said that if i get summoned again i'll need a doctor's note. so i still need a diagnosis but i can do it in my own time now

I'm pleased that you have it sorted.

so pleased for you , bet it feels a weight been lifted off your shoulders ....x

Thread Information