Thread: citalopram

citalopram

Hi,I have been back on citalopram about two months now.Everyday I have a headache Im not sure if this is tension or the medication.Im on beta blockers to.Any one else got this problem with citalopram.Im only on 20 mg.:(

Ellen XX

Hi Ive been on citalopram for a couple of years,I too suffer with headache everyday,I used to put it down to tension until I found this site and found that maybe it was my tablets.
    If your worried talk to your doctor,my doc is useless so I never told him.
    Hope your okay Dawn

Thank you Dawn for replying,Im up and down at the mo!Hope your ok.

Ellen XX

Re: citalopram

I too have been suffering from a headache Ellen which is unusual for me, and my pharmicist told me this. Headaches can be due to many things, so it's probably nothing, but if it persist for more a few days, or worsens, then see your doctor. A pharmacists as far as I know is the better person to talk to about specific drugs and their effects so I trust his opinion. This is only my first day getting a headache, and my fourth day into taking citalopram, and I plan on calling my docter if it persists. So I would get it checked out. It's probably nothing but at the very least it's worth a call. I hope you feel better soon and I'll let you know what my docter says about it

If you're taking citalopram it suggests you are prone to stress, tension and anxiety, all of which cause headaches. You will always feel some level of stress or anxiety otherwise you wouldn't be human, so it might just be the normal stresses and strains causing normal headaches.

You should mention it to your doctor though, just in case, especially if they are severe or causing discomfort.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Hey Yorkylover

Youve probably figured things out by now but it turns out headaches is a fairly common side effect. When I told my docter about my fairly intense side effects, he called back a few days later telling me to come off the medicine but by that time the side effects had mostly gone. So as I said before if really uncomfortable side effect persist talk to your docter and maybe think about coming off this troublesome drug :P

Please note this thread is over 2 years old

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information