Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is exercise and healthy eating the answer?

Re: Is exercise and healthy eating the answer?

I imagine that the increased risk is very small, and that it only applies to women who've been on the drug for years and years. If you're only taking it as a means to help you recover from anxiety I'm sure that it will be fine! Working your way back to managing the anxiety without the drug is a good aim, the lifestyle changes above will really help you.

But if you're worrying about it talk to your doctor about an alternative.

And maybe try one or two of the things I mentioned above to combat this panic, it's a good place to start

Re: Is exercise and healthy eating the answer?

Breast Cancer footballtalking.

I know Mogwog I've actually been taking it on and off for years!

I don't think it's a proven link it's my stupid googling and it appears there were some studies done but some proved a link and others didn't so it's one of those ones where you can't really be sure either way.

The other thing is it said SSRI's and Prozac was mentioned but then when I read further down it said the link was with Paxil and no link with Prozac was found, but it said it didn't know why as they do the same thing.

I got in a panic but then I did have to think about how many things they say can cause breast cancer and remember talking to my GP about this before and he said "they don't know what causes it"

I'm sorry I didn't mean to panic you, you know what these studies are like my husband tells me never to believe any of them as it's very easy to make studies reflect the results you want. Apparently this was something he studied in Uni and he said that are very easily influenced one way or another, depeneding on how the people conducting the study want the results to look.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information