Thread: anyone know if you can get addicted to clonazapam (klonopin) in five days?

anyone know if you can get addicted to clonazapam (klonopin) in five days?

Anyone taking klonopin (clonazapam) and know if you can get addicted to it in five days? My doc prescribed it to help with my withdrawal from another drug but I'm scared I'm swapping one withdrawal for a worse one - I've read that klonopin withdrawal can lead to seizures and death so now I'm terrified and don't want to take it even though it helped me sleep a bit and made me feel calmer.

Anyone know?

Re: anyone know if you can get addicted to clonazapam (klonopin) in five days?

Honey you are NOT going to die or have fits. That is just worse case senario. My Bf was on it for years and is Wding cold turkey and is still very much alive. I took it on and off and I am very much alive. xxxxx

Odd that since Diazepam is the drug usually switched to for withdrawal.

Quote Originally Posted by Davit View Post
    Odd that since Diazepam is the drug usually switched to for withdrawal.
    How is that relevant Davit? Any advice for Eek?

Pip

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Eek last logged on in 2013 so I guess she has gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Eek last logged on in 2013 so I guess she has gone now.

Good point well noticed Terry and quite honestly the question being asked shouldn't even need a reply.

No doctor would prescribe medication that one can be addicted to in a few days, does one actually exist ?

Five days is not enough time to get "addicted" to it. After a week or two, your body may become dependent and you would gradually have to taper off it. Like others said, it is extremely rare you will die from seizures or withdrawal. This is in severe cases where people have been taking large doses for many years. I would contact your doctor and express your concern. My question is how long did your doctor tell you to stay on it. What drug is klonopin substituting? How many miligrams of klonopin were you prescribed? My best advice...follow what your doctor told you to do and DO NOT take more miligrams a day than your doctor told you to take. Benzos can be dangerous if not taken as prescribed. They can become habit forming, which makes coming off them harder. As far as dying from seizures, that is for abusers or people who have been on high doses for long periods of time. speak to your doctor!!!

It takes between 2-4 weeks taking it everyday before your body stsrts to stop producing what the drug is replacing.

Thread Information