Thread: Lack of Sleep

Lack of Sleep

Hi,

During the past few years of suffering, I have had my share of sleepless nights and know I'm not alone in this, but it recently got to the point I can hardly function.

I think my latest bout of not sleeping is all to do with my being invited to a gathering in Kew Gardens this saturday. I have to be there at 10am, and since I am in the land of nod at this time, or have just woken up with in a very disturbed state, I was wondering how I was to achieve this. Although its only 15 miles away, I decided that a stay in a small hotel would be the answer as I'd be away from my home and all the negative feelings that it represents.

Anyway, Sunday evening my brother rings to say he cannot get a reply from my Dad's phone. He lives alone in a small flat and is 89 next month. On top of that, my brother (my only other close relative) was flying out early Monday morning for a week, so I'd have to cope with anything untoward myself.

I tried calling my Dad at 8.45pm but no reply. Hell!! I think that you can imagine I did not have the best of nights, thinking about funeral arrangements and things like that.

The next day I woke up very late (about 1pm) and one of the first things was to call my Dad. And there he was, sounding as fit as a fiddle!

That night I couldn't sleep again, but eventually did at maybe 7am. Next thing I know is looking at my bedside clock and its 2.40pm!!!! The rest of the day am like a Zombie and have little strength and pretty brain dead. I decide to ring the Samaritans and have a cry, and then later ring NHS Direct. Of course, they say see your GP and have seen him today. Unfortunately, not my usual one, but he has given me a few sleeping pills.

So I'm not very active on here at the moment.

I know pills are not the answer to this, and just need a mental feel-good boost. I'm sure a few of you know what I mean here, and that you are caught in a viscious circle.

Thanks for listening.

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Hi Ray,

Chin up mate we are all here for you. Good luck for Saturday. Glad your dads ok. Hugs xx

Take Care

Mandyxx

I'm right with you on this one Ray.

On the verge of going to the doc myself. Don't think there's anything majorly wrong with taking sleeping pills so long as they're a temporary measure - having said that, if my doc gives them to me I'll prob be awake all night worrying that I'll never wake up!! [:P]

Hope you get some good sleep soon!!

Lotsa Luv
    xxxx

'There are no such things as strangers; just friends we haven't made yet!'

hi ray,
    dont worry about the pills we all need a bit of mental rest, its hard to get out of the habit of sleeping funny times isnt it.
    when this happened to me i tried to stay awake as hard as it was during the day, eventually it does go back to normal mate.
    take care
    julie

we are all stronger people after having this

Ray,

Firstly a bit of a squeeze coming up ((((R))))!

I told you what a crap week I had sleep wise the other week and why, so I won't bore you again but I just wanted to say how much this influenced how I felt in the day, so I really get where you are coming from.

Firstly do give the tablets a go - they really helped a friend of mine recently through a bad patch of sleeping. Also are you getting a little bit of moderate exercise like a short walk each day? Obviously with my agoraphobia levels being so up and down this can be hard for me, so I have recently started jogging gently on my rebounder again for 15 mins everyday (after getting abit sidetracked in the summer hols) and pottering in the garden to get my dose of sunshine.

I hate that feeling of dragging myself round like a bag of spuds and the last thing I want to do is exercise in any form but I have to say it is worth the effort because you do get a better nights kip.

Love Piglet xxx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Hi Ray, we all need a little help sometimes and if the tabs allow you to have a good sleep then great, it's just what you need. I know it's hard but do try and enjoy it on Sat, you will be fine. Glad your Dad is ok.

Take care, (((((((HUG COMING TO YOU))))))

Polly x

Hi ray!
    Dont worry about the tabs,if thats what it takes sometimes,well lifes to short to worry sweet!
    You will be fine sat im sure.You will feel even better after a few good nights sleeps!!!
    Take carexxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thread Information