Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Pregabalin......at last!!

Re: Pregabalin......at last!!

hi all im kev and after a year or so ive been told ive got ptsd on top ov my anxiety and ive been give loads ov different meds t help with it but non of tjem have worked ..i was told about pregabalin and bought some on the internet and it was the best move ive made but they are expensive so ive asked my doc to prescribe me them and he sais he cant??? why is this?? he sais there very addictive and hes not allowed to just prescribe them..wtf!! hes a bit ov a jerk in some ways and tends not to listen to me ..do i need a new doc?? and is pregabalin that addictive?? as wen i havent had them for ..say 5 days ive had no craving/withdrawel

Pregabalin is blacklisted in Buckinghamshire. It's not in many other regions but it's expensive so some GPs seem to try to dissuade patients from it. It's not addictive but it's not prescribed to patients with a history of substance abuse due to the abuse potential.

Did your GP explain to you that this is classed as a Prescription Only Medication (POM) hence it can't be sold without a prescription in the UK and buying it to have it imported to the UK is illegal? Customs can seize it if they spot it so please be careful. POMs aren't as illegal as importing Benzodiazapenes though which are also classed as a controlled drug.

Hi Kevman,

It seems you have been told a lot of things - which of it is true?

If a doctor said you had post-traumatic stress disorder and anxiety, they should have given you a prescription.

Who told you about pregabalin? In what context? Obviously not a doctor, or they would have given you a prescription.

Please understand that this is a forum for people who are legitimately prescribed medications.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread Information