Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregabalin......at last!!

Re: Pregabalin......at last!!

I'm amazed that you have a doctor who would prescribe zopiclone for 13 years - since they are under considerable pressure to stop patients using these medications long-term.

Regardless of that, if you can make the switch to pregabalin, it's probably for the better.

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

Well to be honest the Zopliclone kept me going so I could work and when first given Drs thought it was non addictive...we all know that's now a crock!!

I feel so calm at the moment I will be trying to cut down again but I have lost the ability to "drop off" if that makes sense.......it is now a "sleep disorder" but that is a minor problem next to the PTSD/GAD.

I'll let you know

After taking zopiclone so long, I can understand the difficulty dropping off. Is it possible to taper down very gradually?

Am trying to do just that hanshan. Last night 3.25mgs but could not drop into a deep sleep after 2 hrs so took the other half. Will try again tonight.

On the positive side today is day 15 on 400mgs. Walked dog early for an hour, side effects kicked on at 10am...still "drunk" at 2.30pm. BUT have visited a nieghbour and had a friend visit me. Also suppressed a minor anxiety attack without Lorazepam....so all positive. Just waiting for Intensive Team CPN visit. Still too risky to drive my car at the moment.

Hope everyone else is having a good day x

Day 9 on 400mgs a day.
    An odd couple of days to be honest. Low levels of anxiety have returned late mornings after visiting nieghbours both days!So have taken Lorazepam (1mg) at lunch times. This eases the anxiety. Intensive team said I should not be afraid to take it at this stage as I have only been home 5 days.
    Dizzyness and sleepines still present but passes (almost) by 4pm.

Last night I slept using only 3.75mgs of Zopliclone Which I havent done for 13yrs. So very pleased with myself.
    Felt a bit weepy before taking the Lorazepam at 2pm but feel better now after a lie down.
    Feeling a bit "will this ever end"...."what will happen in the future".

Going to drive to my mums across town for dinner. Feel able for the first time.

Did anyone else feel like this after 9 days on theraputic dose??

Yes I can relate to those feelings. After I worked up to 450mg of Pregabalin and stuck at it for 10 days I had a dip in mood and breakthrough anxiety. I responded by starting another SSRI which was the wrong thing to do in hindsight, I wish I'd given it a bit longer. I think after everything you've been through it is completely normal to feel anxious and get low.

I would take the Lorazepam as advised and try not to think about what will happen in the future, you need to take care of yourself in the here and now. The road to recovery is uphill and slow, taking baby steps all the way. Today you reduced your Zopiclone and drove across town to your mums, that is a huge achievement only 5 days after discharge. Congratulate yourself and be kind to yourself. You will recover x
    Sam

Thanks Sam Really appreciate your reply.

Spoke to my Primary Care Nurse at the hospital who said I am still fragile and not to beat myself up over taking the occasional Lorazepam.

I found the basic yoga techniques and the mindfulness helpful aswell this afternoon.

Anyway how are you doing today Sam.....?

My guess is that low feelings are more likely due to coming off zopiclone rather than pregabalin not working.

If overall you are taking less zopiclone, there's nothing wrong covering the rough moments with an occasional lorazepam. The overall goal is to stop both, but no prizes for first across the line.

That's a very good point! thanks.

Had to take 7.5mgs last night and no wobbles this morning so maybe I will try every other night dropping the Zopliclone and see what happens

So day 10 (I think) of 400mgs. So far only 2 minor anxiety attacks which I dealt with using Yoga stretches and mindfulness, no Lorazepam today

First anxiety after friend visited this morning with two toddlers!!!!!!

Second was after going out with mother for a cuppa (her driving terrifies me when I am well ).

Roll on tomorrow...still not working but early days.....

---------- Post added at 17:44 ---------- Previous post was at 17:35 ----------

...OH yeah, also changed the time of my first dose to 10am....dizzynes from 1pm -4pm and more tolerable each day...

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information