Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregabalin......at last!!

Re: Pregabalin......at last!!

Hi Sarah,

Sounds good that pregabalin seems to be working, even if there are a few anxious moments. My experience is that it isn't a 100% cure for anxiety, but it's the best I've come across so far.

Please keep us posted.

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

Thanks Hanshan

Day 12 400mgs.

Yesterday (day11) was a pretty good day.
    Haircut in the morning. Anxiety in salon controlled by mindfulness. Side effects kicked in at 1pm so afternoon on the sofa. BIG anxiety at 5pm so lorazepam needed. But good evening and sleep.

Today I drove myself through rush hour traffic for 30mins to discharge appointment at the hospital.

Very positive. Controlled anxiety with Minfulness. Now taking drugs at different times in the day to reduce side effects. Morning 100mgs.lunch time 100mgs then evening 200mgs. Hopefully this will mean I can get on with my life without spending all afternoon trapped in my house.

Its now nearly 2pm and no side effects an I can type without mistooks (!).

Hanshan is right. Dealing with anxiety is about a combination of things. Meds,Mindfulness,Relaxation techniques and a positive mindset. So far it's working for me.

I hope this helps others

Day 13.

Not a good day today. Low mood all day. Dr told me to change timings of dose to 100mgs morning,100mgs lunch, 200mgs evening. But this has not been good. Just side effects ALL day instead of 1pm-4pm. Terrible anxiety late afternoon so had to tale lorazepam,

Going back to 200mgs morning 200mgs evening. wait for side effects to wear off.

Anyone know how long before side effects go?

Hello Sarah,

Sorry to hear about the side effects. My own feeling is that as long as you are taking the same dose in a day, you can experiment with what times you take each dose.

For me, some side effects went after a few weeks. Others stayed a while longer, and others seem more or less permanent.

For the record, the ones which disappeared quickly were mild euphoria, sleepiness and dizziness. The ones that stayed for a few weeks or longer were dry mouth and lack of physical coordination.

Long-term, there is lower sex drive and performance, and a pronounced weakness of my legs when walking or climbing stairs. I can't put this down entirely to pregabalin, as I am taking it in combination with other medications.
    Last edited by hanshan; 22-04-13 at 11:06.

Thanks Hanshan,
    Not looking forward to the lower sex drive !! Still have dizziness and lack of co-ordination. But also feel like I am in a dream...if that makes sense. Still reducing the Zopliclone but have noticed if I take 3.75mgs two nights in a row I have a terrible dip in my mood the next day.....so going to take lower dose every other night.
    Still not working. I am a cleaner so I need to be 100% before I go back. Luckily all my clients have been very understanding and kind about my return. Getting frustrated now about side effects stopping leading the active life I lead.

Anyone want to come a mow my lawns??????

Day 17

Just an update for anyone searching for pregabalin advice......

Still 400mgs a day (200 morning 200 evening)

Side effects are now better. I still get a 1pm haziness, with vision blurryness. But this now only lasts for about an hour. The rest of the time I would say I feel a little spaced out. But this is not an unpleasant feeling and MUCH better than feeling anxious. I feel safe to drive (except at the 1pm faze). The evening dose (I take it a 7pm) does not give me side effects. I dont know why, strange I know!

I do feel quite chilled these days, and that's good for me. I think the only time my anxiety kicks in is when I start worrying that I am not feeling anxious!!!!! OR I worry about how bad I was a month ago and that it all my come back

I am guessing this is all part of my recovery!!!

This all sounds good, if you accept that pregabalin, at best, is not the 100% answer - you still have to put in the last 20% yourself.

For some people, pregabalin is less than 80% of a solution or has unacceptable side effects, and they have to bail out.

Day 23

I am feeling much better. I had a wobbly moment on Sunday evening but probably because I went shopping with my daughter for 4 hrs earlier in the day and did far too much.

The side effects are still there starting about 2/3 hrs after taking meds in the morning but they are far more tolerable.

I have started doing a few cleaning jobs in the mornings, but taking it slowly. My clients have all been fantastically supportive even though I have been off work for 6 weeks. With this sunny weather I have even been tackling the garden. But I am being careful and not getting too tired as this aggravates my anxiety.

Thank goodness for pregabalin...it seems to be working for me

Day 49

just realised I havent posted on here for ages!

On the whole things have got better and better. Some off days but they are less frequent.

Infact this last week has been fantastic, considering I have only been out of hospital since the beginning of April.

Back to work full hours and I have done some very challenging things for me. Including going to the cinema (on my own)!!!!

Still have dizzy spells (side effects) but they are tolerable. but more importantly I have felt "me" come back again. Almost like something snapped back into place in my brain.

Low mood has gone and so has the flippin' anxiety 99% of the day

That is such good news Sarah

You've done so well in a relatively short amount of time, keep us posted

Sam

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information