Thread: What do you do on your birthday?

What do you do on your birthday?

Hi all! Well I've had a pretty miserable day today, it's my 20th birthday and I've spent it mostly alone and feeling sorry for myself! (doesn't really help that we have visitors over though that are making me uncomfortable!) I just feel like I don't have anyone anymore apart from family, which is understandable given my problems but it's quite a lonely feeling. Been teary all day, up and down really, just wondering how everyone else gets on when it's their birthday?

Every year it gets more and more depressing for me knowing it's another year down the pan and I'm getting no better from my anxieties. Grrrrrr, there's not one thing anxiety doesn't latch onto and spoil!

Re: What do you do on your birthday?

Happy Birthday JayJoe! Sorry it hasn't been a great day for you. I understand how you feel as I spend most birthdays exactly the same way. I dread the lead up to my birthday because people always seem to think it should be celebrated in some grand way! My last birthday (My 23rd) I celebrated with my close friend, we went for a walk around winter wonderland (I live in near Cardiff and my birthday is in December) and had a mcdonalds! I often get anxious when my birthday comes around because like you it feels like another year is down the pan, I've achieved nothing, it'll all be the same next year. But just because we don't achieve massive things or do the same as people our age does not mean we've wasted our time! Every small achievement for us is even greater because its been so tough for us to accomplish. You should be proud of yourself today!

Enjoy the rest of your birthday!!

Hannah

“It is never too late to be what you might have been.” - George Eliot

Happy Birthday JayJoe

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Happy Birthday!

I keep quiet about my birthday although i forget that its stored in facebook so everyone knows. I always book the time off work because i dont like the attention, birthdays are definitely not my favourites.

Thread Information