Quote Originally Posted by graham58 View Post
P.S. People who have suffered a full strength panic attack will know what I'm talking about here but (and I'm sorry if this sounds too melodramatic), if for any reason someone's reading this who's fortunate enough not to have experienced one, I feel I should make it clear that I cannot overstate how bad mine get, this one in particular was absolutely crucifying. I don't think I could have coped with it at all without the techniques I've learnt on here so far; try to relax and breathe deeply and "let it happen" without fighting it. Even with those methods, it was a full-on ordeal.
Hi, please don't take this the wrong way but try not to think that your panic attacks are much worse than other people's. That is just not the case - panic attacks are only as bad as we make them. When panic is happening there isn't really levels, it's the height of our discomfort. If they weren't "crucifying" to everyone, they would not be panic. Panic is when you are right on the edge and can't see a way out, that is what we all have.
Don't isolate yourself by believing yours are more severe than everyone else's.
The techniques stop it from getting worse once you start implementing them but the adrenaline will continue regardless and there's nothing we can do unfortunately, however we are all in this together and at the hieght of fear.