Thread: why am i so young

why am i so young

im only 22 and i've had ectopic beats since i was 17.

It started when i was low on pottassium and i had a tight chest and had to go to A&E where they gave me a dose of it because i was getting my first palps and slightly irregular heartbeat.
    Ever since then i have had massive 'heart anxiety' and drove my self to a point of going psychotic due to the amount of times i was driving my self to hospital just so i could have an ECG..
    Now i have been on anti anxiety medication for a year and i live a normal life believe it or not, i love my job and my friends but i still get this HORRIBLE HORRIBLE ectopic beats.
    Its like everytime i think, i get an ectopic beat. Some days i get hundreds, but i don't notice that im anxious or stressed.
    I know it will kill me one day because im so young to get this amount of ectopics., and my doctors just say nothing. I was hoping there was someone in the same situation

Thanks for reading.

Re: why am i so young

Ectopics often have nothing to do with a young and healthy heart. Age is no factor when it comes to anxiety and stress caused ectopics. I've had them since I was 7 years old so you're not young at all.

Re: why am i so young

I started getting them when I was 17 too. I wasn't suffering from anxiety at the time as far as I know. I had them for ages and they were really annoying and frightening, then they just disappeared for years. I've started getting them again lately. Try not to worry about them, they won't harm you and your age doesn't matter. If there was something wrong the doctors would be worried and they would be sending you for further investigation. My doctor told me to sit down and try and relax and have a glass of water when it happens. I find coughing helps too.

Thread Information