Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone overcome Solipsism ocd?

Re: Has anyone overcome Solipsism ocd?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    So, you think you have opened the door to something? Some great revelation? But the same could be said for anyone who has intruive thoughts too and we recover from them...I did. I found I am more attuned to them than before so I notice them now but I don;t react to them anymore and they just flash through.

With a theme like this you need to determine whether you have a genuine interest or a fear. The former is healthy, the latter isn't.

You need to work on living with uncertainty. You will never know the meaning of life just like every human being who has passed before you so all you can do is learn to accept it just like many areas of life. It won't happen until you put the work in though.
    That is true but I am finding acceptance hard to this and the germs issue I have. My head doesn’t want to let go of these ideas when I do they crop back up again in a few months. With the solipsism issue I find making decisions hard because I worry all my choices are preplanned. I mean if they were why do I worry about them and why does it make me feel so ill?

I have been having issues with this for a few months. To me it’s hard to believe anybody else’s life is real, I feel once im not around the world won’t exist and it’s all in my head? I fear im controlled and my fate is preplanned.
    So how does this affect me? I guess it makes me feel empty like nothing matters no matter what I do I have no control it’s controlled for me? I know it’s not a healthy way to think, I think about me and me only. It’s hard to digest that somebody else is living a life, doing there own life and I have mine. It feels like my life is the only one in true existence?

Do you think your wife has a true life of her own? Why should your life be the only one that matters?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Do you think your wife has a true life of her own? Why should your life be the only one that matters?
    Well I believe she is part of my life and experiences it but the bit I doubt is when she is away to work living her life without me anything I can’t see beyond my head I worry It isn’t real?

I should note I never use to think like this it was a thought I had googled and the internet had a term for it

The internet has a term for everything. Abstract theories are very confusing and just instill fear if you are already anxious and vulnerable to suggestion.

Since I had this worry I’ve had a few strange symptoms happen:

1. I blink my eyes and can see computers doesn’t happen very often but gives weight behind the we are a machine or robot argument.

2. I can taste the type of food I eat by thinking about what I’m about to eat the taste comes? Only bad this since solipsism.

3. When I’m in work and ransoms call me Phil yes I have a name badge now but use to happen in the past before that.

During my breakdown I noticed lots of strange stuff going on I mentioned months ago how when made conversation someone always had something in common too. I remember when I was ill hearing someone say is he still alive or something? I heard this in a shopping mall and found it very strange.

But yes since solipsism my enjoyment of life isn’t the same because I can’t be sure how genuine the experience is. I can’t prove I have full control over my brain.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Since I had this worry I’ve had a few strange symptoms happen:

1. I blink my eyes and can see computers doesn’t happen very often but gives weight behind the we are a machine or robot argument.

2. I can taste the type of food I eat by thinking about what I’m about to eat the taste comes? Only bad this since solipsism.

3. When I’m in work and ransoms call me Phil yes I have a name badge now but use to happen in the past before that.

During my breakdown I noticed lots of strange stuff going on I mentioned months ago how when made conversation someone always had something in common too. I remember when I was ill hearing someone say is he still alive or something? I heard this in a shopping mall and found it very strange.

But yes since solipsism my enjoyment of life isn’t the same because I can’t be sure how genuine the experience is. I can’t prove I have full control over my brain.
    1. I see Nigella

2. That's how memory works.

3. You get ransom demands?!!!

So, you notice things more now? And you attach more meaning to them? How many other members of the public were walking past who could have heard it too?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    1. I see Nigella

2. That's how memory works.

3. You get ransom demands?!!!

So, you notice things more now? And you attach more meaning to them? How many other members of the public were walking past who could have heard it too?
    No lol random people. I don’t remember how many I guess there was other people but I felt very locked up in my head I had just recovered from a breakdown everything was very sensitive.

Right now it’s hard to believe anybody else really has a life? I mean I can keep doing what I do but it’s a pretty awful feeling thinking your partner only experiences what I see or if others in your life don’t have a life outside what I see?
    Like for 29 years I never thought about this stuff now it’s like I have been given the secret of life and it isn’t the same I mean offcourse it may not be true but my ocd says everything is true.

Having solipsism feels pretty awful thing is can it ever go away?

If you replace "solipism" with "mental illness", your statement is accurate. The answer depends on YOU! Here, and on other sites you belong to, members have given you great advice. Its up to you if you heed it

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

No lol random people. I don’t remember how many I guess there was other people but I felt very locked up in my head I had just recovered from a breakdown everything was very sensitive.

Right now it’s hard to believe anybody else really has a life? I mean I can keep doing what I do but it’s a pretty awful feeling thinking your partner only experiences what I see or if others in your life don’t have a life outside what I see?
    Like for 29 years I never thought about this stuff now it’s like I have been given the secret of life and it isn’t the same I mean offcourse it may not be true but my ocd says everything is true.

It's a case of two phil's in one head here. One phil gets married and keeps wanted to do stuff. The other phil would surely not see the point in this as all such things already exist inside the mind therefore can be experienced without all the hassle.

You can only go so far with this theme, then you have to use other strategies. Time is better spent working on being more in the moment and accepting of the world around you rather than trying to tick it off on a list and use it as some form of social ladder.

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread Information