Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone overcome Solipsism ocd?

Re: Has anyone overcome Solipsism ocd?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    It's a case of two phil's in one head here. One phil gets married and keeps wanted to do stuff. The other phil would surely not see the point in this as all such things already exist inside the mind therefore can be experienced without all the hassle.

You can only go so far with this theme, then you have to use other strategies. Time is better spent working on being more in the moment and accepting of the world around you rather than trying to tick it off on a list and use it as some form of social ladder.
    Yes it’s like having two minds

In one I continue as if I have no ocd or anxiety. On the other hand I have all these existential thoughts.

My fear is my mind is not my own? How do I know I am me? I just don’t feel like me anymore since I had these thoughts I worry all my thoughts are controlled. I admit it’s easier to accept life as we know it but I have been going down the rabbit hole with conspiracies about moon landings to other stuff my head always says what if and I believe it. I can’t be sure what life is all about. I mean do sway more with the fact people do exist however my worry is free will how much control we really have? Can I really cure my ocd?

I am battling the Solipsism and free will questions daily how can I get over these worries? I fear these worries will never ease up?

As FMP has told you repeatedly, start by switching out the question marks for full stops and owning the things you say.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    As FMP has told you repeatedly, start by switching out the question marks for full stops and owning the things you say.
    Exactly... I fixed your post....

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I am battling the Solipsism and free will questions daily. I fear these worries will never ease up and I need to get over them.
    Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I don’t think a question mark is relevant to my worries it shouldn’t matter if there is a question mark or not.

It does, though, because by asking a question you're looking for reassurance. The way we use language can tell us a lot about our attitudes, and even help us change them.

I don’t think a question mark is relevant to my worries it shouldn’t matter if there is a question mark or not.
    I respectfully disagree. One punctuation mark totally changes the meaning. By the very definition of the words, they're totally different. One is a statement. The other is a reassurance seeking question. A statement is a definite or clear expression of something in speech or writing (ending with a period). A question is worded or expressed so as to elicit information (ending with a question mark).

Your posts are riddled with reassurance seeking questions and it's a pattern seen since the beginning. While we all require reassurances in our lives, obsessive reassurance seeking is detrimental to sufferers.

For example:

"My fear is my mind is not my own?" Change that reassurance seeking question to a statement with one punctuation mark and it takes on an entirely different meaning. "My fear is my mind is not my own."

Again, I know to you it seems irrelevant but IMO, doing so puts the responsibility squarely on your shoulders as opposed to putting it on others to offer reassurance, advice and opinions you don't follow anyway As BlueIris said, this one simple thing can help change the way you think about your worries. Try it, you have nothing to lose.

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 27-08-19 at 13:56.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

If I wish to put a question mark I will I won’t be rewriting my posts

If I wish to put a question mark I will I won’t be rewriting my posts
    So I take it you cannot comprehend the literal and psychological difference and how that is perceived both personally and by others?

Positive thoughts

I asked how I could get over my daily Solipsism and got into a debate about a question mark. Point is it is a question I was asking How do I get over my daily Solipsism requires a question mark.

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread Information