Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone overcome Solipsism ocd?

Re: Has anyone overcome Solipsism ocd?

Well I finally found a pdoc, having me wait until August to see them though. I pray they can help some, the depression has gotten majorly bad.

I'm
    Experiencing the exact same thing and it feels horrendous!!!! I have been staying inside but even questioning the sofa I'm sat on now
    Makes me anxious! I would wish this on anyone and I too
    Only stumbled on it when I was thinking about life!!! The mornings are the worst for me;
    Feel alone is a horrible feeling; have you managed to overcome it and how?!

Have you had a read through the thread?

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Hey!

I've suffered from Solipsism OCD, and can honestly say it's the worst thing I've ever been through. It fades in time.

Go out and spend time with people you love, this helps me get back to reality and also helps me realise that life is beautiful!

One of the ways I've refuted Solipsism is by looking into the past: when you were young, and your mind wasn't capable of even adding numbers together, how would you have been capable of imagining the whole universe and life itself?

Hopefully this post will help some people who are struggling with this, I know how awful it is!

Go out and spend time with people you love, this helps me get back to reality and also helps me realise that life is beautiful!

One of the ways I've refuted Solipsism is by looking into the past: when you were young, and your mind wasn't capable of even adding numbers together, how would you have been capable of imagining the whole universe and life itself?
    That's really good advice - those are the methods I used to help me refute solipsism. It is important to try and carry on as normally as possible and to still spend time with people.

Although it was horrible at the time, solipsism isn't the worst anxiety theme I've ever suffered from - I'd say the worst theme I've ever had is the fear of time passing and death/dying.

Hey guys, hanging in there. Still struggling, but not as bad as before, taking baby steps. Hang in there Loza, we'll be one of the people helping others out one day

outillisa - how are you coping? ive been prescribed anti depressants and going through hypnotherapy, has the anxiety decreased with you yet?

Lura

The anxiety has decreased, but im dealing with severe depression mostly. The thoughts are still there constantly, but im letting them be there the best I can.

Do you question everything at the moment? i question talking?! is made me feel very down and lonely. its hard to try and avoid the thoughts when question are constantly in my head! do you have any tips?

Laura

Yeah I do question. Don't avoid the thoughts, you need to make it ok for them to be there, which I know is hard.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information