Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone overcome Solipsism ocd?

Re: Has anyone overcome Solipsism ocd?

I was obsessed with it couple yrs ago, read everything I could on it...I got over it, you will too... Depersonalisation and derealisation all add to it...
    If I was the only real person in the world then surely I'd know it...I'd have a better life for myself too!
    http://www.humantruth.info/solipsism.html
    Read above article
    At the end of the day there is a world we live in, with rules and consequences , no matter who, how we got here, just enjoy it...that's what I decided to do anyway.
    Last edited by Stormsky; 05-06-13 at 16:16.

Glad you're doing well Stormsky. Did you feel reconnected with people when you got better? I hate being with them and not 'feeling' them like I did before.

Wouldn't a world in which solipsism was real be perfect? Surely there would be no war, no hunger, no death, no fear?

Quote Originally Posted by Otulissa View Post
    Glad you're doing well Stormsky. Did you feel reconnected with people when you got better? I hate being with them and not 'feeling' them like I did before.
    Yes once you see solipsism like every one else , ie not Anx sufferers, it will all be in perspective again, and you will feel ' real' again with the world and people..your probably suffering depersonalisation and derealisation , it's because of those that I got worried with solipsism in the first place.
    All that boils down to getting your Anx under control, as depersonalisation and derealisation are just symptoms of extreme Anx. It's those that make you disconnected and question life in the first place,

I can see how it would King, but I like the real world the best lol. And I figured it was tied to anxiety, but I fear the whole, ive thought it, now ill always have doubt. But who knows, I hope ill get to the point you guys are, its a tough road and I applaud you all for getting through it. One of the hard parts for me is since I worry about it never going away im really aware of how long ive had it, I know that's not really an indicator, people have had this ALOT longer than 6 months im sure

Outlissa, you are going through the exact same thing, everything you write is the same as me! Feel like Ill be scared for life and be like this forever! I just don't understand how this ends?! It's a constant hourly struggle; I hate it!!!!

Wow amazing thread!

Is all panic/anxiety and thoughts such as these related ???? Because i started to experience panic attacks 2 years ago NEVER had it B4 - although maybe there were always signs of panic anxiety, when I look back over my life.

BUT this solipsism - oh my gosh - I remember when I was at secondary sch walking to the bustop down a quiet lane, the lane I always walked down, I remember it being a slightly grey overcast but mild day and BAM I felt like I'd been body snatched. Like where am I why am I here , who am I????????? BUT I EMPHASISE these were gut wrenching thoughts and feelings all at once. I remember I did still go to school that day & I don't remember any film or conversation triggering this and these thoughts. But I remember being stopped in my tracks and standing still when it happened. VERY VERY VERY SCARY!

Then I started having the- what's real, whose real what if every ones acting and it's all just a massive theatre type world and I'm the only real person and everyone else is hiding this from me! Can I just add this was way B4 the Truman film or whatever it's called with that actor from ace venturer. I also remember being sat on the school bus countless morning looking at people thinking........ Gosh don't we human look weired. I was quite popular at school no one would ever have imagined i was really sitting there thinking all this BUT the body snatching experience on the lane, lead to all these weird thought for a very long time.

But seriously that day it was like a force field had physically stopped me in my tracks and showered me with bizarre frightening thoughts.

Different from derealisation as since I've been a panic sufferer I've had this and it's different fom what I'm describing.

Weired ?????

Oh The Truman Show! Unsettling film, it's up there with Fight Club, I'm John Malcovitch and Erasorhead in disturbing films for me. Threads like these are in a minority to other wories such as cancer and are very beneficial for people like us who once thought we were the only ones with these thoughts. I think it's very good to have a good chin wag about these experiences as it normalises the feelings we have with them.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

It does feel nice to see so many people go through it. Hopefully the psychiatrist can help me out a bit as I seem rubbish with dealing with it on my own. Never been to one before, so pretty nervous.

Let us know how it goes

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information